Chapter 14

After those dreams, I pushed it to the side. I didn't want to think about it, at least right now.
When I got downstairs, my mother was fixing her some coffee when I walked over and grabbed the coffee pot. She looked at me confused because I don't usually drink the crap.

"Dear, is everything okay?" She asked me.
"Tired and I don't think I feel good." I told her.
"Why don't you stay home then."
"But school?" I told her.
"You're a good student. They'll be okay without you for a day." She told me as she closed her mug. "How about this, I know where you need to be. Why don't you take my car and go to the riverside for today. Get some fresh air and shit."
"Don't you need the car?" I asked her.
"I'll have Kyle bring me home. Actually, what day is it?"
"Wednesday." I told her.
"I have a date with Lucifer tonight so I'll have him bring me home from the store." She told me. "I just need you to give me a ride there."
"Okay." I said as I grabbed my coffee and the keys from the counter.

We got in the car and saw Lilly running down to us. She hopped in the back as I got in the driver seat.

"Oouuu, Cris driving us today?" She asked.
"I'm dropping y'all off and I'm staying home today. I don't feel good." I told her as I drove us into town to drop mom off first.
"Oh, okay. I'll gather your homework then."
"Thank you." I said.

Once I got into town, I dropped mom off at the store then took Lilly to school. I told her she's gonna have to ask Kenny and Jenny for a ride home. And told her to tell them I'm sick that I'd see them tomorrow. Lilly nodded and understood.
I needed to get away and Lilly knew that but didn't say anything about it. Lilly knew me from the inside and out.
When I got to the school, I saw Kenny and Jenny waiting for us but when they saw Lilly was the only one getting out and I drove off, I saw Kenny walk over to Lilly and watched me drive off. I could see the hurt in his eyes as I looked in the rear view mirror. I shook my head and drove back home to get some stuff for today. And a new pair of clothes on. Once I was all dressed and ready to go, I head back to the car and drove to the riverside. I did need to get away but from what.
A few hours of driving was worth it, it helped clear my head some but I kept playing over and over in my head the dreams I was having. What did they mean at least for me. Was the wolf really a man that could shift and was my boyfriend a creature that sucks blood. Whom ever that woman was talking to me wish she could come back to me and explain a little more.
Once I got to where I needed to go, I parked the car and got out. I headed over to the river and sat down on a log that was there and put my feet in the water. I felt free here, like I could stay here forever. Like nothing could ever take me out.
But I spoke too soon. As I sat there I heard footsteps against the gravel then a few growls. I stood up and turned around. It was a few wolves that I've never saw before. I cleared my throat getting ready to scream if I had to. I mean I wasn't far from my mom's boyfriend's place, maybe he could hear me from here.
As I was thinking what I was about to do next, a few wolves jumped over me and landed in front of me. It was the two wolves that I saw last weekend. They weren't the only two wolves either. A few more were running over to where we were, standing next to the black and brown ones.
All the worry I had in my body, left me once I saw the black wolf. Like I knew I was safe from hard once he was there.
As I stood there, the one wolf that was facing me, kept looking at me until I heard the black one growl at him but the next thing I didn't expect was the ugly grey wolf attacked the black wolf making each side of wolves fight. The good thing was the wolves that were on my side were winning. The grey wolf was down and the others were hurt but ran away whining. The black wolf had torn the grey wolf's neck out almost making me sick to my stomach.
When I felt myself close to the car, I slide down to my butt and watched the wolves that came to my aid. I wanted to thank them but I knew I couldn't find my voice. The black wolf looked over at me once he had killed his kill then looked at the brown wolf. The brown wolf looked over at me then the others. Two of the wolves I didn't recognize grabbed ahold of the dead wolf and dragged it along into the woods as the black wolf walked over to me.
When came to me, he sat next to me and whined. I looked at him and smiled some before lifting my hand up and started petting him. Don't get me wrong, I was still scared but with him around I wasn't anymore. But only do I wish I could talk to him and understand him.

"Thank you for coming along. I thought I was a goner. I only came here to get away from the city. And to understand these dreams I've been having. The crazy thing is they're about you and my boyfriend and this woman that keeps telling me to take them as a warning whatever that means. The crazy fucked up thing is, in my dream you turn into a man." I said laughing. "But not just any man. Someone I know. I know I'm crazy. Wolves don't turn into men and there's not such thing is a creature that sucks blood or me having powers. I'm human. I'm normal, if that's even a thing anymore." I said.

I huffed as I took a deep breath as I leaned my head against the car hitting it a few times. Getting a growl from the wolf. When he did, I jumped looking around to see if anyone or anything was close by. But I didn't see anything.

"I wish you could talk back to me and tell me I'm crazy. But I have to be crazy, talking to you, a wolf like dog." I said then got up.

The wolf got up and looked at me before I went to my car and opened the door. I got in, shut the door and started the car. I sat there thinking what to do next. Which was turn the car off and sat inside of it.
The wolf was gone, wish it didn't leave but probably did when I got into the car. I was all alone out here.
I got out of the car, went to the back and grabbed the blanket I had packed and spread it out on the hood of the car then climbed on top and laid back. I laid there for what seemed like hours.
Didn't even hear a wolf or anything which was weird but didn't think of anything. I knew the wolf was near just didn't look for it. Until I felt a cold chill in the air then rose up from the hood and decided it was time to head back.
I know I didn't stay long and that I sorta wasted gas to come out here but it did help a little until I almost got killed by some wolves. Maybe that was the chill in the air. Maybe those wolves were back and it was a warning. Maybe I'm crazy.
Yeah that's the word for it; crazy.