Chapter 9

2 days ago:

I woke up early to go train with some of my best pack warriors and guards. Ryan, my beta and Billy, my delta was already up and ready, sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee. When I walked in, the pack mother was in there cleaning before she started breakfast. She is the best at what she does. Even after losing her mate a few years back during an attack. She just keeps her mind busy helping us at the pack house. Sees all of us that lives in the pack house as one of her own. Even my father.

"Good morning, my doll face." Amber said.
"Good morning, Amber ." I said as I went to make me a cup of coffee.
"You know you don't have to call me Amber. Just call me momma."
"I know, just feels wrong calling you that."
"Boy, I was there changing your diapers when you were just a pup."
"Oh, don't go there."
"It's true." She said.

I nodded my head as I went to take a drink of my coffee. I stood there looking out the back door window. Hoping nothing happens today by the riverside.

"Ryan, did you do what I asked you yesterday?"
"Yes, I did."
"What did you ask him yesterday." Billy asked.
"Not the place to talk about it. I'll tell you later." I told him.
"Okay." Billy said.
"Well let's get on with our training today. Amber can you make sure breakfast is done within a few hours. At least for us."
"Yes, my little pup." She said rubbing my head.

I shook my head to fix my hair. Just like a mother would, to mess up their pups hair.
Since we were done with our coffee went out for training. It only lasted for about an hour, it was just a quick workout to get our muscles going. As I was about to head back to the house, I got a mind link from one of the guards saying about there were people at the riverside. Ryan must've warned them to tell me so I can see my mate.
So I shifted and ran off on my own to the riverside to see for myself. I wanted to see her again. Adam wanted to see her again. He was pouching in my head giving me a headache. Once I got there, I hide behind a tree to see if I could see her.
As I was looking I heard a familiar laugh and I knew it was her. She was hugging her friends as soon as she got out of the car. She had some long legs on her, long tan beautiful body. I just wanted to touch her, feel her under me.
When I noticed what I was doing, what I was thinking, I shook my head. Adam wasn't helping it either.
I laid there for a few hours watching her, telling her friends what to do with the camp site. She sure is bossy, maybe she would be great for being the Luna of my pack. A few moments later, she was sitting in her car blowing up inner tubes for them to float on in the river. After she was done with that and the others were done, both her and Lilly took off their clothes and ran to the River. Even after some guy handing them both a drink.
I wasn't liking this, drinking at a river could lead things to happen. But I didn't want to think that. I needed to stay positive.
After I don't know how long, my stomach was growling and I was getting mind link to come eat. I didn't want to leave this spot but I guess I have to.
I got up and ran back home to go eat and work on my alpha crap. Fathers gonna hand me the title in a few weeks to a month. Since I'm 18 years old, he thinks it's time for me now.
When I got home, I shifted and there were a set of clothes by the back door for me. I slid on my shorts and came in.

"Welcome back Adrian." Ryan said. "How was the run?"
"Good, everything was good." I told him.
"Okay, you two are sharing things that I don't know and what is it?" Billy asked.
"Adrian found his mate yesterday in town." Ryan told Billy.
"That's great."
"Not great. She's human." Ryan said.
"Okay, so what. Don't do anything stupid because she's human. You've been waiting for so long to find her and look you found her." Billy said.

He was a little older than Ryan and I. And he's still mateless. Ryan has his mate, found her when he was 14 years old. She works in the hospital as one of the nurses and helps take care of the elderly and children when there's an attack. She's a few years older than all of us, she's 25 years old, but the moon goddess doesn't care as long as she find someone for each and every one of us.

"I'm not until I get to know her. She's swimming in the river with her friends right now. Ima go check on them tonight to make sure they're okay." I told them. "But since my mate is out there make sure the patrol is tight." I told them. They nodded their heads.

Later on, it was finally dark. I decided to go for another run. I walked downstairs into the kitchen to get a drink of water then went outside and shifted. Once I did, I ran to the riverside once again to check on them.
When I got there there were a few cars headlights shining towards the middle where some of the teens were drinking and dancing, having a great time around the huge campfire that they had going. It did look fun but I wasn't here for that. I was looking for a certain person and I couldn't see her. I was getting worried that something had happened to her. Adam was starting to whine some until I caught her scent. I followed it until I got to a secluded area; the bathrooms.
As I sat there watching to see when she would come out. As I was watching, I heard howling of actual wolves and coyotes around the area. They never bothered us, actually they thought of us as family when we shifted. We have a pack of wolves that live off the mountain just north of where I live, that's what my father and mother had told me. We both bother them and they don't bother us.
As I was thinking of them, I saw someone come out of the bathroom. There wasn't any light but I could see really well at night with my night vision. It was Cris.

"Is anyone out there. If there is please show yourself. Lilly is that you? Kenny? Jenny?" She called out to her friends to see if it was them.

But nothing. I wanted to laugh at her because it was just wolves or the coyotes.
We both heard a noise like whatever it was took off because a twig snap like someone stepped on it. When I heard that, I turned around to look around myself just to make sure no one was near and when I did, it was just a few coyotes passing through. I growled at them to get going and they did. When I turned around to make sure Cris got back to the party, she screamed a little bit but no one really heard her over the music other than me and a boy.
I growled a little but stopped myself.

"You okay?" He asked her.
"Yeah, I thought I heard something in the woods when I was by the bathrooms. I forgot my phone to use for a flashlight, figured the flames were high and bright enough to see my way over there and back." She told him.
The boy looked off towards the woods behind her. "I don't see anything. Maybe you had too much to drink." He told her. "Why don't you go in our tent and get some sleep. I'm pretty sure the rest of us will be in there soon."
She nodded. "Okay." She said at first. "Will you lay next to me?" She asked him.
Adam growled when he heard that. "No one, should be lying next to my mate." He said.
"Shhhh, it could be her boyfriend all we know. Or just a friend." I told him.

The boy walked Cris towards their tent. Once they got to the tent, he unzipped it for her and helped her inside. "I'll be in here in a few hours to check on you." He told her.

I saw her nod then went into the tent to lay down, him zip up the tent and walked away. I walked a little closer to the tent so I could smell her. I wanted to take all her smell it was intoxicating.
As I was laying there listening to her to fall asleep but she was still up. I heard more growling around the area and saw Cris was looking around the tent to see if she could see shadows close by. Heard a few twigs snap which made her heart start racing by then. She was really scared. Wish I could go comfort her but can't.
Snap.
Snap.
I was about to get ready to head home when I heard her screamed a little.

"It was just me." Her friend told her.
"I swore I heard twigs snapping like something was out there." She said crying a little.
"It was probably the guys. Or it could've been me walking over here."
"Maybe, it was right before you came to the tent."
"What's got you all scared all of a sudden. You used to love coming here and never were scared." He asked her.
"Mr. Oaklands' nephews came to the store to get their order yesterday and brought up the animal attacks and after thinking I heard growling then the twigs I thought just maybe he was right." She told him.
"Come on, let's get some sleep. I told the girls that I was coming to bed early since you were a little scared. Lilly and Jenny understood." He told her.
"You had to go and tell her about them didn't you. Now she's fucking scared." Adam said.
"I didn't think she take it seriously now." I told him.
"Well that could be us holding her in that tent but no. God I swear, you're worthless." Adam told me then went to the back of my head.

After that I went home to get some sleep myself. Tomorrow I'll come back and check on her. Hope she gets some sleep even if he's holding her. Which got another growl from Adam. I shook my head and ran back home.