Chapter 3

Saturday morning, I got woken up to Lilly jumping me on the bed. This was every single weekend, to her waking me up, since we were babies.

"Cris, wake up. I wanna get there early before it gets too hot."
"What time is it?" I asked her.
"7am, now get up." She told me. "I already have the car packed up and ready to go. You just have to get dressed."
"You know you're a pain in my arse, right." I told her sounding so county.
"Eww I hate when you do that." Lilly said then chuckled some.
"But you love me."
"That I do so get up." Lilly said as she grabbed my pillow under my head then hit me with it.
"Okay, okay. I'm up. Give me about 5-10 minutes." I told her as I ripped the covers off of me.

She smiled then left my room.
I got up and went to my dresser to find my 2 piece bathing suit. Once I found it I put it on then grabbed my short shorts and tank top, slid those on over my swimsuit, and slid my sandals on. Once I was dressed, I went into the bathroom to fix my hair and my face a little.
After I was done, I grabbed my phone and keys then went downstairs to find Lilly sitting on the island eating some chips. I shook my head at her.
My mother was already gone at work. She had a short day and got a ride with Kyle and left the car here with me, so I can drive it to the riverside. One the way home Lilly asked her if we could use the car since her car was still down and of course my mother said yes.
Before we left, I made sure that the whole house was closed and locked. I didn't want anyone breaking in while everyone was gone. After that was all good, I grabbed us a water each then we left. Lilly was excited that I was finally coming with her this weekend. It's been a while since I last came with her.
As soon as we got in the car, I fixed the seat and the mirrors so I could see, turned the radio on and plugged in my phone to play music off of it then we were off. I drove through town like I always do, so mom can see we're finally leaving. Her and Kyle were outside hanging up something so I honked at her. They waved back at us.
Once we hit the main highway, I turned the radio up and we were off to no man's land, what I called it sometimes. No one lived there for miles other than Mr. Oakland but not his nephews took it over. But it's okay, they're still kinda far from it.
2 hours later and we were finally there. The gang was all there plus some. Kenny and Jenny, twins, ran up to us when I pulled up.

"About time y'all go here." Jenny had said.
"Yea, some of the folks were getting a little pissy because we were saving our spot for y'all." Kenny said.
"Yea. The Gilmore sisters were really pissed." Jenny said.

The Gilmore sisters were like class A acts. They were a little richer than me but I knew how to handle myself. Them, they flaunt it like they don't care. Plus they always get the best kicks, all the boys, and they thought their shit don't stink. They've been mine and Lilly's enemy since the 1st grade when they stole our craft stuff.
But I'm on a vacation for the weekend for myself away from any problems. I didn't need their shit. I just wanted to enjoy being here. Not a care in the world. Can I just have that? I asked myself.

"Let em'." I said as I opened the trunk. "I ain't here for them. I'm here to enjoy my little two day vacation. So get the tent up and going and I'll blow up our inner tubes. Mom gave me at least 3 days worth of food to least us for 2 days. So don't eat it all up you two." I told the twins.
"That's fine, our parents gave us a cooler full of shit as well. Plus they gave us their black card just in case if we had to run into town for extra crap." Jenny said looking at Kenny.
"Hey, I'm sorry. I'm a growing man."
"Please tell me you didn't bring your stash?" Lilly asked him.
"No, I smoked the last of it last night." Kenny said as he carried the tent poles over to where we are staying.
"Good, because I really don't need you smoking then eating all our shit." Both me and Lilly told him.
"But I'm pretty sure there's some dumbasses here that brought their stash." Jenny said as she laid down the tarp on the ground.

Which could be true. Just hope he doesn't go over to whom ever is smoking it because I will tear his ass a new one.
As I set everything I need to blow up the tubes, I sat on the back end of the car. As I was blowing them up, I felt like someone was watching me. I looked up and around but didn't see anyone. I even looked out towards the water and across the riverbank as well.
I had what the two guys had told me and Lilly yesterday, at the store, about it being bad here. Would that even happen while people were here or am I just imagining all that in my head.
Once I got done, I placed everything to the side. As I closed the car back up. I looked over and saw that the tent was up and ready. I was proud of them. They finally got something up and going without fighting. They even put our beds in there too. Got it all ready for us for tonight.

"Well everything is up and ready." Lilly said. "Let's go relax in the river."
"Oh, here." Kenny said then went to his cooler. He opens it, digs in it for a moment then closes it. "I brought you something." He said then handed us both wine coolers.
"Kenny, mom's gonna kill you for bringing those." Jenny said.
"What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Plus it ain't like we're driving anywhere, anyways. If I can't have my smoke, Ima have my drink on." He said as he went back to his cooler and brought out a beer. "Plus dad said it was cool. Just told me to make sure you girls are good. Just told tell mom, he basically said. He bought everything for us this weekend."
"Mom's gonna kill both of you guys." Jenny said as she opened her wine cooler.

Both Lilly and I chuckled as we opened our wine coolers to take a swig of it. After our 1st drink, both Lilly and I took off our tops and cheered. Jenny shrugged then done the same. We all laughed then grabbed our inner tubes and went to the water.
The river wasn't bad, it was calm. And the good thing about this river it wraps around the camp site until it goes out towards the highway and towards a creek to Mr. Oaklands property.
As we took off the rest of our clothes, we took our tubes and drink and got into the water. We floated around a few times. Talking, laughing, enjoying the sun and getting our tan on. It was a great day to be on the river bank.