Chapter - 7

"How do you know her?" The lady said, making Xiao's eyes widened as he was unprepared for this question.

"I-I umm she ahh she, s-she is my f-friend! Yeah friend, she is my friend ma'am." Xiao shattered. "Come inside my boy, let's have some tea and talk." The lady said with a sweet smile and went inside the house. Xiao sighed in relief as she didn't ask any further questions and went inside the house with her.

They both came inside the living room, the lady told Xiao to sit while she brought some tea for them.

"Here, have some tea dear" The lady poured fresh tea and gave the cup to Xiao.

"Thank you so much for the tea, ma'am. I hope I'm not bothering you." Xiao said, bowing his head a little.

Well he doesn't regret coming here because for the first time someone is talking to him with this much sweet voice and referring to him with nicknames which he never even heard from his parents

Well he doesn't regret coming here because for the first time someone is talking to him with this much sweet voice and referring to him with nicknames which he never even heard from his parents. His both parents had a cold personality, especially his dad.

They wanted everything to be perfect. They would scold Xiao so harshly for even the smallest mistakes which doesn't even count as a mistake for a kid. Xiao being cold, scary, toxic, these are not his fault he was built up like this. He never even had a childhood. His parents died when he was 17. But was he sad? No. Was he happy? Also a no. He felt nothing at all, because he didn't even know how he should feel when your parents died.

After the death of Xiao's parents, nothing at all changed in his daily routine. Because both of them used to stay out of the house most of the time for work and international meetings, conferences etc. Only one thing got excluded and that was their criticism and humiliation that they used to do to Xiao almost everyday for no reason. Seong Beom-seok and Seong Iseul, two most hated people in Xiao's life, his parents! For his parents he was like a living robot, who is obliged to do whatever they will say.

"Stop calling me ma'am, son. You can just call me ajumma." The lady said, making Xiao nod and gave her a genuine sweet smile. Maybe after ages he smiled like that. Maybe after ages he felt like home in someone's words.

"Ajumma, I don't know your likings but I bought some sweets for you. Hope you like these." Xiao siad, passing her the box of sweets which he bought for the lady on the way.

" Xiao siad, passing her the box of sweets which he bought for the lady on the way