Chapter 43

(A/N: Hey, long time no talk, friends. Sorry I don't have a good excuse. Honestly, I have a million excuses. BUT, not to worry, I got my mojo back!... I think. ALSO, I'm sorry this chapter ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. I've been planning these next few chapters since the beginning and I want them to be just right. However, I promise it won't take four months for me to update next time. Enjoy! <3)

"Do I have to come now?" I asked forcing myself to sit up in bed and stretch my sore muscles.

"Kind of,"my father sighed. "The lawyer will only be here today. I just want to get everything sorted. I don't think it'll take too long, pumpkin..." I crinkled my nose at his unnecessary pet name. "..Besides, you promised you'd be here for this."

I sighed. "Alright, yeah, I'll be there in a little while," I whispered into the phone, rubbing the back of my neck and looking down at my black painted toe-nails dangling off the side of the bed.

"Will Harry be coming with you?" he asked.

I looked over my shoulder to see my boyfriend lightly snoring on our bed. My cheeks flushed at the sight of his eyelashes fluttering as he dreamt. The sunset shining through my window cause the most magical shadows to dance across his face. He didn't stir when my phone rang, obviously worn out from our long afternoon...

"Uh, he's asleep..." I mumbled, forcing myself to look away.

"Asleep? It's six o'clock."

"Yeah," I said as I quietly padded across my bedroom towards my closet. "Well, it will take me longer to get there if I have to wake him up."

"It's alright. Leave him, then," my father assured me. "I'll see you soon."

He hung up without another word. I sighed as I regrettably put on a pair of yoga pants and Harry's Greenbay Packers sweatshirt. I tip-toed out of my room to make some coffee before I left, since I was pretty worn out also. Erica was standing in our kitchen eating cereal out of a bowl, cross-legged on our counter with her headphones in.

"Are you kidding, Erica? We put food there," I scoffed, grabbing a mug out of the cabinet after smacking her on the back of the head.

I turned around to my best friend who was just staring at me. Her face hard and serious, but her eyes playful. She shook her head slowly.

"What?" I asked.

"A word of advice," she said as she hopped down from the counter and put her bowl in the sink. "If you and your boyfriend decide to spend an entire afternoon bumping uglies, just make sure nobody's home first--"

"Oh my god, Erica--" I put my head in my hands.

"I'm not saying you can't do that. Just like do a quick sweep of the apartment first. It's not that big."

"I'm sorry, I just--"

"Not even that!" she held her hand up to silence me. "Just make sure nobody is standing in the kitchen as you're disrobing in the living room." She gestured towards Harry's jeans and my shirt, still laying on our floor.

"You weren't..." I smirked to myself, stirring my coffee so I wouldn't have to look at her.

"Oh, I was," she said, laughing now. "I can't believe you."

I rolled my eyes, and walked into the living room to pick up our discarded clothes and grab my sneakers.

She followed me. "No, seriously though... It sounded like you had a good afternoon... What brought that on?"

I stood up as I finished tying my shoes. "I... It's a long story. I have to go home now."

"Like your parents' house?"