Without you...

It's been eighteen days since Orion left. For some reason I keep feeling like he'll come back. A part of me refuses to believe anything he wrote in that book. I keep waking up each morning prepared to make him breakfast. I can't fall asleep anymore either, I got to use to him being next to me. I just blankly stare at the side of my bed wishing he told me his plan.

If he had told me...

If I had forced him to share his idea...

Maybe he'd be here with me right now...

The words in his notebook echoed in my head loudly....

"The only reason I didn't scream yes today when you asked if I'd give us a shot was because I couldn't take such an important role in your life and leave the next day. But Steve, I love you. So please don't give up. Please keep living for me."

I can't give up. But at the same time what is there to live for.

The thing that hurt the most was if he didn't feel like hurting himself to save his friends we'd be together. He'd be happy. I would've made sure.

Sure I'm an asshole.

But I would've taken care of him.

I haven't showed up at work. For all I care I can be fired. Life isn't even worth living. Orion was my only friend. The one person I loved...

I sigh and roll over in bed. This is why I shouldn't have let him get close. I pushed him away so much, because I couldn't bring myself to lose him. I thought if I pushed him away enough he'd leave me alone and keep himself safe. Find someone better. But he never did. He never gave up on me. He always had faith in me...

And now that I let him get close, he's gone.

I pull my blanket over my face and close my eyes. Orion why would you do this to me...?

I wrap my arms around myself. I don't know what to do to fix this. He's gone. For good. Forever.

I uncover my face to sit up in bed. The world just seems dimmer than usual. Which sounds stupid but looking around my room it seems true.

I turn my attention to my nightstand. Photos of Orion and I are scattered on it from yesterday. Next to it lays his notebook. I frown at the sight of this.

Maybe if I had confessed earlier he would've stayed around for me.

I lay on my back and stare the ceiling.

Maybe he still didn't know how important he was to me.

I stare at the ceiling. Just staring. What else was there to do? I'm not sure how much time passed. It's not relevant.

Once I finally get up I walk to the kitchen. I know I should probably eat, I haven't really ate much of anything. I sigh and turn away from the kitchen anyway. I don't feel like it. Even though hunger tugs at my stomach.

I walk to the couch. The living room is dim. The only light being casted in the room was the slivers of sun through the curtains.

I sit down blankly looking around the shadowy room. I let my gaze travel from wall to wall. Ceiling to floor. Close to far. None of it matters though, I'm really just looking for a distraction.

Orion, there was so much more I wanted to say...

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Y/n's pov~

It's been 18 days since I've gotten back. I haven't seen Steve in the workplace at all. To be exact, I haven't seen him anytime after the day I ran into Alastor.

Vox stretches while laying in my lap. I gently rub my hand on his back, he smiles. He's been very attached to me since I returned. I am barely ever alone.
The thought of Orion ventures into my mind. I sigh at the memory of my now dead friend. (Oh boo-hoo ya loser -Cd)

"Mm....I love you..." He looks up from my lap and sweetly smiles. I smile back at him and kiss his head. He chuckles softly.

"Ew- get a room-" Velvette cuts me off before I respond to Vox. I look over at her. She's sitting on the corner of the bed.

Ironic considering... "You're in our room." I roll my eyes. Velvette grins.

"Oh, right." She chuckles and continues scrolling on her phone. I laugh turning my attention back to needy Vox. I smile at him and he smiles back. Things were nice now.

***

"Y/n, if he didn't answer the first five times, I doubt he'll answer the sixth time." Vox mutters from the chair next to me. I'm sitting at his desk. Trying to get ahold of Steve. The one thing Orion wanted was for us to keep Steve around.

I haven't talked to him much since I first showed up here. All I remember of the guy is he's an asshole. And he didn't do his work.

And for Orion...the kindest soul ever...to be so fond of a jackass like him??....

The phone finishes ringing entirely. Straight to voicemail. I sigh and put the phone down.

"I told you." Vox murmurs. I roll my eyes and pick the phone up again. Seventh time. Then I'll stop.

I didn't stop there.

***

21 tries later

"Steve!" I chirp. Vox looks over at me shocked.

"..Uh huh?" His tone is sharp and dull. Pretty much like an emotionless bitch.

"This is Y/n. I was just-"

"Yeah, okay. Bye." I hear him pull the phone away from his face.

"No! no no-" I raise my voice. "Please don't hang up. I've tried getting you to answer over twenty times.

"I really don't want to talk to you." He mutters. I can't only imagine how upset he is at Vox and I.

"Well you're gonna have to."

"Hm." I hear him sigh.

"How are you doing?" I ask. What else am I supposed to say???

Teheeeeee Cliffhanger kinda?

Lolololol
Stevey poo is so emo.

I'm sick >:(
WAHHH

-Cd