A thought for an action

"Orion, I have something for you" I hear Steve call out from the front door. Him coming back from work is probably the best part of my day.

"What is it?" I walk away from the book I was reading and pop my head around the corner seeing Steve with a beat up book in one of his hands. His purple eyes smiling at me.

"A bible" he hands it to me. Confusion rushes over me once I see the cover.

"Hey this is not a b-"

"Gullible." He chuckles and walks to his room, to change out of work clothes I'd assume.

The book is rather large. The leather cover is beat up, stained and ripped. The pages are tinted yellow and spotted with discoloration. I open to the front page and read the title.

'A guide to curses to a soul'

My eyes flicker with hope and wonder. I turn to the back reading anything to give me extra information. This could be my saving grace.

The start of a plan.

"So?" I hear Steve behind me as I sit at the kitchen counter. I turn to him with a smile.

"This is definitely going to help me!" I open the first page. "I can't wait to read it." Steve's typical frown shifts to a small smile before he rolls his eyes.

"Nerd." He walks away and lays on the couch in the living room. The two places were connected.

So he was behind me. Prettyyyy much

I trace my finger along the dust covered pages while I read taking notes as I go. After about two hours I'm half done with the book. My back feels sore and my eyes feel heavy.

I turn around and see Steve peacefully asleep. He lays on the couch on his back. I smile. I'm not sure why but I feel my heart flutter seeing him draped on the sofa relaxing. I find myself walking closer to him before sitting down beside him.

I look at the clock across the room. It reads 11:00. Gently I place my hand on Steve's head. I move my hand slowly through his hair smiling at him. I notice his body language relax. A small smile creeps onto his face.

Steve opens his eyes sleepily staring at me confused. I smile at him before moving my hand slowly away.

Steve grabs my hand gently and brings it to his face. I feel my cheeks heat up. A jittery feeling finds its way into my stomach. He closes his eyes.

"I-I was just about to head to bed. I just wanted to say g-goodnight." I stutter trying to find an excuse to pull my hand away. I watch as Steve opens his eyes again. He lets go of my hand and opens his arms for me.

I know damn well my face is burning red if it wasn't before...

I gently and anxiously lay down next to him on the slim couch. Steve's body pushes up against my back and I feel his arms wrap around me. His actions are slow and gentle. I feel his breath on my neck. I close my eyes.

If that book said sacrificing is the only way...

But someone close to them...

Who...?

Sleep tugs at my thoughts.

And how..?

I'm kinda...

Tired....

Pretty....

Sleepy.....

***

Hi there ball face
(this is an authors note. While writing I took a pause and wrote this to make fun of myself when I came back to it, but I think it's funny so it's staying here)

Vox's pov~ ( Third person :] )

"Vox, you can't just mope in here forever." Velvet walked into Vox's bedroom and glanced around at the mess. Vox didn't answer her and instead faces other way laying in his bed.

Velvet carefully walked around the scattered papers lining the ground. Vox pulled a blanket over himself, sighing.

"Look I'm really upset too... Y/n was m-"

"Don't even say her name." Vox snaps sourly. Velvet goes quiet unsure of what she could say to make anything better. "All I'm saying is you can't let this get to you..." Velvet looks over at the nightstand to her left. The note Y/n had left Vox crumbled laying there.

Velvet picks it up and begins to read.

'𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓥𝓸𝔁,

𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓶𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓾𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰. 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓾𝓹. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽. 𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓵𝓵 𝓑𝓮 𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂, 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓫𝓮 𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂.

𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔪𝔢𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔢. 𝔖𝔬 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔪𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔬𝔫. 𝔚𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔲𝔰 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔞 𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢. 𝔏𝔢𝔱'𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔱𝔥 𝔪𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔬𝔫. ℑ𝔱 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔞 𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝔪𝔢𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔶𝔬𝔲'

Velvet stared at the writing, not understanding fully. The first paragraph had an entirely different tone compared to the second. She placed the letter down staring at the handwriting. When she turns her head back to Vox he's already facing her.

"Please just go away." He mumbles to Velvet. Velvet notices how his eyes and screen look.

"Were you crying?.." velvet asks quietly while trying to get a better look at the tear stained screen.

Vox jerks the direction of his head away from her. A glare forming on his face.

"Get the fuck out of here, Velvet." His voiced is laced with anger. Frustration. Pain.

Velvet sighs and turns around getting one more look at the mess covered room. She puts her hands in her pockets. Sorrow washing through her heart.

As she walks out the room she glances at her phone. She clicks on her photos finding the folder she made months ago for her best friend and Vox.

Tears form in her eyes.

She clicks off the app, shoving her phone back into her pants pocket.

She thinks back to the letter.

Back to her memories.

She wondered what possibly happened...

To cause this.

AN:
Sooo, Orion is going to try to fix this

Also, sorry for skipping the other day
Writing has been a little hard lately
But I will strive to post every other day still, and if not every two days

Thanks so much for all the support!
-CD