The faults from the Extermination...

I wake up to Vox nuzzling into my chest as the sun just rises. Fuck... Extermination day....

"Voxxy~" I rub my hand on his back. He was laying between my legs and on my chest.

"Mm..hmm??.." He sleepily mumbles. I smile. Every morning like this was perfect.

He blinks and looks into my eyes. He grins and kisses my cheek. I blush and sit up. Vox sits in front of me, stretching. I glance out the window knowing in just a few hours the angels would be flying down killing anyone in their way. I shudder and look back at Vox who was now getting dressed for the day.

My eyes travel across the room where Vox's jacket he usually wore over his vest. I smirk and run for it. I snatch it from the chair as Vox went to reach for it.

"You little shit" he laughs. I smile and him and out the jacket on.

Vox goes quiet and just stares at me. I feel my skin heat up and butterflies flap around in my stomach.

"Uh- why are you staring-?" I nervously shuffle my feet.

"You look cute with my jacket." He makes a loving smile at me and continues to get dressed. He lets me keep the jacket.

I sit on the bed and watch him go on about his day. When he walks out of the bedroom I snap my fingers using my magic to get me ready for the day. Quirks of being the overlord of magic. I grin. As I walk out of the room I see Vox shuffling through some papers.

"Hey Vox," I decide to finally bring my idea up.

"Yes Sweetie?" He turns to look at me. His face is soft with care. I feel my heart thump against my chest from the nickname.

"I- uh-" focussss- "Last year during the extermination me and Aspen..." Will Aspen be okay today? I find myself with a pit of worry for my friend. No no no... "We made a barrier. But like from magic.."

Vox walks closer to me and listens fully.

"They helped me build it. But it would protect the..it would protect where we were. I was wondering if..I could try it on my own when we meet up with Velv and Val." I notice I'm fidgeting with my hands. I never realized just how much the whole Aspen Situation stressed me out. I remember my friend. The one who'd always help me. Who'd always be sweet. What did I do to make them hurt me?...

"Go for it." Vox gives me a thumbs up and smiles.

"Go for wh- ohh" I shake my head as if I could escape my feelings that way. Vox looks at me with slight concern.

"I'll give it a shot then" I nod. Vox wraps his arms around me and brings me into a hug. I love his clinginess. I hug him back and breathe his scent in. I close my eyes allowing myself to just be there with him.

After a few minutes I hear his voice "Wanna get going to the headquarters?" His hand travels to my waist.

I nod my head and we part the hug.

I smile and hold the sleeves of Vox's jacket in my hands. He was really gonna let me wear it all day. And honestly, he looked fucking hot in the outfit he was wearing.

***

"You sure you got this, babes?" Velvet asks standing beside me. I nod at her. She flicks her hair and yawns.

I concentrate all that I can on the building. It was fucking huge so it definitely was going to take some time. I build the ball of magic between my palms. It was glowing.

Carefully I aligned it into a wall, a border, going all around the V's headquarters. The light made a thin layer around the building. Velvet stared at the scene infront of her. I guess I don't use my magic too often especially around her..