Here's my plan.

"Orion, please put the book away and just eat." Steve says while pushing the plate of food he made towards me. I glance between the breakfast foods, him, and my book. I sigh as my heart flutters. I close the book and inch the plate closer to me.

"Thank you~" Steve hums. This morning he seemed to be in a good mood. I pick up a fork and begin to eat as I watch Steve grab some coffee and sit across from me at the counter.

"Are you not going to eat?" I ask him. He sips his coffee shaking his head.

"Meh, not big on breakfast." Which was true, I've only seen him eat breakfast a bit of this week and last. I shrug and continue eating.

I find myself smiling at Steve's actions.

I've found myself smiling a lot more than usual staying here...

"What do you plan on doing that you have an off day?" I finish my plate and stand up to put it in the sink, but as I do that Steve grabs it from me and walks it over there himself.

"Not sure, probably sleep." He mumbles. I watch him rinse the plate.

It was a gross day outside, storming. Humid. Hot. Dark. Just gross. I guess there isn't much to really do... plus...

I need to figure this spell out.

I think about the day I was fired. I think of how I saw Y/n in the street with Alastor... and someone I've never met before. I've heard the name Aspen thrown around though. A feeling of worry and discomfort fill me.

I feel Steve's gaze on me. I tilt my head up and look at his with my eyes. He stares right back at me, running a hand through his long dark burgundy hair. He frowns at me confused.

"Are you okay?" He walks over to the side of me. I find myself staying quiet trying to think of an answer.

"Do you think Y/n is even alive? They're strong...but...Alastor?..." I lower my gaze back to the counter.

Suddenly I feel a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Y/n is totally fine. And you're gonna find a way to save them." He walks across the room and enters the living room. My eyes travel watching his every move. "I have some faith in you."

Each word sounds true, coming from his heart. If I was handed a mirror right now I'm sure I'd see me blushing a shit ton.

I sigh softly and turn back to my book.

So far... I've only found three spells that seem like it could be thee spell. I haven't read the variations and context fully. But one of these has to be it.

I walk over to the couch Steve and was seated on. He watches me closely, I feel his eyes on me. When I turn to him I watch his eyes glance from my eyes to my lips. I find myself doing the same.

After a period of time staring he looks away, and I do the same. My face heats up like before and I lay back on the couch. What is with these feelings??.....

I look at the ceiling. A sacrifice aye? I go through the list of people close to both.

Aspen? I dont know... were they close to Vox??

Steve?.... Not close enough.... I admitted in my head quietly that I wouldn't ever dream of doing that to him.

Velvet... Val....

I can't hurt their friends for this...

Alastor is close in a negative way... but he casted the spell.... It wouldn't work.