Chapter 53 - Against the Storm (2)

ابدأ من البداية

"Wait... Anti-Entropy? I thought they were our enemies?"

"They are, but sometimes, we have to put our differences aside for the greater good. Mei and Bronya are valuable allies, especially in times like these."

"I see... Thanks for the information, Principal Theresa."

"Get some rest, Shin. You've earned it."

With a nod, I continued on my way, finding somewhere to rest.

Finally, I found a quiet spot where I could relax.

Sitting down on a nearby couch, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

When I opened my eyes again, I found myself in a serene shrine.

"Oh? What brings you here?" Tsurugi's voice broke the peaceful silence. She was sitting under the sakura tree behind me.

"Tsurugi... I need to talk," I said, turning to face her.

Tsurugi smirked. "Take a seat. You need to rest."

I nodded and settled down across from her, feeling the exhaustion seeping into my bones.

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"...I'll get straight to the point." I looked at her with a serious expression. "I want to awaken the crimson katana."

Tsurugi's eyes widened, and then she started laughing.

"That's really funny, Shin... To think you would ask me to awaken the crimson katana."

"I'm serious."

"Hah... No."

My eyes widened. "Wh-Why!?"

"Shin."

I paused as she stood up from her position and walked forward, pausing. "Life is like gambling, Shin... You win some, you lose some... Do you want to go big or go home? Are you willing to put your life on the line?"

"Yes, Shin." Tsurugi's tone was serious now. "To awaken the crimson katana, you need to wager something significant. Are you prepared to make that bet?"

As I sat in the serene atmosphere of the shrine, I contemplated Tsurugi's words.

"My life on the line...?"

"Yes, Shin." Tsurugi's tone was serious now. "To awaken the crimson katana, you need to wager something significant. Are you prepared to make that bet?"

Her question struck me like a bolt of lightning. "Are you saying once I hold that katana... I'll die... is that right?"

"Haha~ So you can use your brain after all~"

...

"I'll think about it." I rose up from the ground.

"Shin, before you go... Why do you want to that katana?"

I paused before speaking, "I have a feeling that... Things will get dangerous, I don't want anyone dying on me and I want to save Kiana."

"Hmph... Pathetic reason... How disappointing." But still... You and your brother are the same and I... don't hate it at all.

I closed my eyes and smiled, "Say whatever you want." As I opened my eyes again, reality came flooding back, and I found Bronya looking at me with a blank stare.

"Bronya."

"Shin."

Her face is so close to me.

I gently patted the top of Bronya's head.

"How are you?"

"The Bronya is doing great," she replied, slightly flushed by my gesture. "More importantly, are you okay? I heard about what happened to you and Principal Theresa."

"I'm fine."

"Really?"

I nodded.

"Then... That's good."

I'm happy that Bronya is worried about me.

Oh? I just realized that her battlesuit changed, I haven't seen this kind of battlesuit before either.

"What time is it now?"

"Approximately 12:35:30 PM. We arrived 2 hours ago alongside Anti-Entropy."

"Oh, They're here..." I stood up from the couch. "We don't want to keep them waiting, Let's go."

I said, walking towards the exit. Before I could move, Bronya hugged me from behind, resting her face on my back.

"Uhm... Bronya?"

"I'm glad you're alright."

I smiled, gently holding her hand. "I'm fine... Don't worry about me."

She nodded slowly.