Chapter 9~ Intoxicated by You♡

POV- what Reana was wearing to the event

Reana☆~

Searen drove us to our parents' mansion.

We didn't talk much, I knew we both seemed to be preparing for something big.

After reaching, I sighed, Searen tapping my shoulder lightly.

I sent him an encouraging smile and we went inside after the guards opened the gate for us.

There were as many people as I had imagined, everyone had either a glass of wine, or a glass of whiskey in their hands.

We approached our parents, bowing deeply before looking at them.

They were sitting at a spacious round table, more luxurious people around them as they sat in between all of them.

Our father gestured us to sit and as soon as we did, everyone at the table started greeting us, shaking hands.

That's when I saw an unexpected person sitting at the same table, opposite to my parents, his blank eyes staring deep into my soul

Alex.

I couldn't help but cough lightly after noticing him.

Just after I saw him, my eyes were checking all the other people present at the table.

They were all wearing black attire, men in black suits and women in black dresses.

They're behavior, the belongings they had- guns, only led me to one conclusion. Gangstars.

Finally, it was all clear when my father started coming to the actual topic,

"As we signed our contracts, the Grayson family will be getting 70% of the amount for the deal.
I, Austin Wallace, and my group is trusting you for this deal and we hope that you will return the same," my father said looking straight at one man,
William Grayson.

He was Alex's father, the mafia boss.

I was staring at everyone in front of me, dumbfounded.

I looked at Searen, he looked completely chill.

What the fuck?
Am I the only one here who doesn't know anything?

I looked at Alex, wide eyed, my lips having a little gap between them so it wasn't obvious.

He seemed way more chill than Searen.

Is it only me or I should just punch everyone on the nose?

Then I understood that my parents will be taking help from mafias for their 'business'.

After they finished talking about their so called work my mother suddenly said, "Alex and Reana should make good friends, I heard they both go to the same school. "

My father sent my mother a questioning look while Alex's father was trying to tell Alex something without saying it.

"Yes, Alex may go," Alex's father said looking at Alex, Alex's brows furrowed.

My father nodded to me to which I understood that I could go too.

We walked to a quite corner, outside the room where my parents and his were not in.

There was a longing silence between us, and I didn't want to break it.

I was so angry at him, why didn't he tell me? He knew that we would be going to the same 'event' tonight.

I felt his eyes on me, I still kept mine in front of us, to the nightsky.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, still looking at me.

Did I look like I was? I felt like I could cringe at my parents just because they sent us here together.

I didn't answer him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. I'm sorry I didn't ask you anything after you came here. I'm sorry because I hurt you. I'm sorry for everything I did the past few days. I'm sorry I kept this whole thing a secret." He was apologizing so sincerely to me, really, is this why you call someone a gentleman?

I turned to him, my anger fading away slowly.

"Why?" I asked him, looking into his eyes.

"It's a rule for the mafias to keep contracts and deals like this to be kept a secret before actually deciding about whether it is valuable or not, that's the only reason, and I didn't want to hurt you at the beginning," He said," Well, most of it is that I didn't want to hurt you. ".

I kept quiet, not knowing what to say.

Suddenly, he grabbed my neck with one of his hands and backed me towards a railing.

He leaned towards me, his eyes still on mine.

I felt my heartbeat getting faster and my breathe getting heavy.

I felt his heartbeat in the same situation, nevertheless he still kept on leaning toward me.

He moved his hand from my neck to my waist and started pulling me closer to him.

His minty breathe tickled my face.

And then again, the moments disappeared when his phone rang loud enough to separate us from each other.

He picked up his call while I steadied my breathing.

How could someone stay angry at this person?

Why the hell is he so intoxicating?

Everything about him seemed like a drug to me, his scent, his eyes, his body language, literally everything.

This man is a literal God.

Even the way he picks up his phone seemes satisfying.

I came back to my senses and shook my head as he hung up.

"Still angry, huh?" He said, smirking, looking at his phone.

"Can anyone stay angry at you?" I mumbled, but to my spoiled luck, he heard it.

"I heard it, you want it that bad, don't you?" He said, now looking at me, still smirking.

"Umm, erm, you're too full of yourself!" I smacked him on the shoulder.

"Come on, we need to go" He said, looking at his watch.

We walked back to the table.