Chapter 8~ Different?

Reana☆~

We are supposed to be getting our test results today. I did well but that was not the problem.

The problem was that my parents were having an event today and of course me and Searen were invited.

All kinds of wealthy, business men and women, people with high rated jobs and my dad's current bussiness partner.

I was walking to class when I spotted a familiar face.

The 'Hey are you new?' girl from my first day at school was gossiping with her minions (still don't know what she calls them).

Worse? They were standing right in front of the classroom.

I was about to get inside when she came in between.

"Oh look! It's the newbie from the other day!" She exclaimed, maybe sarcastically as she calls it, and her minions smirking at me.

"Move." I said looking straight into the eyes of the girl.

"Not so fast. Why the hell are you being so cold newbie?" She said, grabbing my chin with her thumb.

I grabbed her hands and pushed it away from myself, "Keep your filthy hands to yourself, bitch,".

"What did you just call me? Say it again!" She looked angry, brows furrowed.

"Bitch." I said it again, glaring at her.

"This newbie's got some nerve to talk to you like that," one of her minions said.

"You're her minion, I'm not, I can talk to her anyway I want," I said, now looking straight into the eyes of one of her minion. She scoffed.

"You don't know who I am, asshole," She was now trying to choke me.

I pulled her long ponytail from the back, she stumbled and loosened her grip on my throat.

I knew that would happen.

Then, I used my right hand to punch her stomach, to which she groaned and fell down.

Of course, I'm trained already.

One of her minions tried to punch my face, who herself fell to the ground beside her, after I grabbed her hand, twisted it, and kicked her knees.

The others didn't seem to dare to come and attack.

I passed them and was about to get inside the classroom when the 'Jenna' girl as her minions called her, stood back up and was going to hurt me.

Out of nowhere, someone's hands stopped hers.

It was Elias.

"What?- Elias, why are you stopping me?" Jenna asked him, looking all confused.

"You don't dare hurt her," He said, glaring at her.

I was stuck in the middle of them when he finally let go of her hand.

"Get your results, I'll be waiting outside," He said as he pushed me inside the class.

Eh.

Teacher handed me my test results, smiling, and I took a deep breathe in before looking.

A 100.

Perfect.

But I wasn't happy. I knew I'd get 100. I had been bored of it by now.

As I was going to walk out of class, I saw Elias with Jenna, he was saying something to her to which she scoffed and rushed somewhere stomping her feet.

"Hey..."I said as I walked outside the class. "I'm sorry for last day...." I said, looking down at my feet.

"It's ok, that's not why I came here," He said, I looked up at him, my eyes dancing merrily as I could feel it.

"Really?it's nothing?" I said.

"Yeah," He answered. "But what happend that day?" He asked me.

"Umm, Alex was hurt..."I said, my voice low.

"Oh, him, of course," He said, he looked disappointed.

"I called you to apologize, I guess you were busy," I said, desperately trying to change the topic.

"Yea, I was, during the weekend," He said.

"Then I'll be going?" I asked him, not being able to understand his expressions.

"Yeah, I guess..." he said, even his voice was disappointed, but I had to go home early today.

Soon the last bell rang.

I called Searen, maybe hundreds of times and his lazy ass didn't respond.

That's when I understood I'll have to walk home. According to my parents, it was better than going on a bus.

I was about to start walking when I saw three familiar guys.

Alex, Steven and Liam were talking to each other and waved at me to come over after they spotted me.

"Hey topper," Steven casually leaning to his car said, smirking.

I looked at him confused, how did he figure out?

"I saw the class ranking, in case you're wondering how we knew," He said.

"Oh, what about you guys?" I asked them.

"Alex came In second place, whereas I passed horribly and Liam-" "WHAT?" I interrupted Steven as my jaw dropped.

"Sorry, but Alex, how?" I asked him, my jaw still wide open.

I really shouldn't have said it like that.

Alex stared at me and Liam looked at me blankly, Steven fidgeting with his car keys.

"Sorry," I said, my head low, I felt embarrassed for saying that.

"It's okay, look up" Alex said, his own face down.

Only did he get his face back up when I got mine, it was so sweet of him though.

"He is different right? Both of you seem different." Liam said, looking at us both, Steven was now paying attention.

Alex really didn't use to study.

"Don't worry, You haven't changed Reana," Alex said, looking at my eyes.

"How? You know I did," I meant the night at the park, where only we were there, comforting each other.

"Know what is the only thing which makes most of one person?" He asked me.

I nodded a 'no' and he told me,
"Their eyes,", I was now looking at him and he was looking me.

It was somehow true, even when this Alex was different, some part of him still seemed the same, his blue eyes.

Steven coughed loudly and Alex let go of my arms, which he was holding and I didn't even understand when.

"Wait, Alex, how's your wound?" I ask him, worried.

"It's okay, I had the best person take care of it." He said, whispering.

I blushed, and clearly, Steven and Liam noticed to which they both hurried and left.

Alex offered to drop me after I told him my hateful situation and I didn't want to reject the offer.

I sat beside him in the front as he helped, opening the door for me.

I noticed something all this time, we were growing close, closer than we were before I left.

We decided to stay just friends for the best but it was somewhat more than that.

That's when I understood that he was also going to an event today, probably somewhere else.

Our conversation was still giving me light butterflies, 'eyes never change.'.