X X V I V

"PRINCE EROWILLRIC?" Andorra stared at him, her mind working a mile a minute. "Prince? Why didn't you start with that? Why on Earth did you let us think you were a spy for the Spring Court?"

Ero wore a smug smile. "I never led you to think I was a part of the Spring Court." He let out a little bit of a laugh. "Earth? You can be so human sometimes."

Nohx slowly came to a stand beside Andorra, his stance more protective than it had been moments before. Ice tickled at his fingertips, but he didn't let it crawl further up his arms. "So your father has you doing his bidding for him?"

Then, his mind clicked; the stars told him who Ero was weeks ago. He had watched the stars rearrange themselves, and what had they shown? A king with their child. He had assumed it had been him, but that wasn't their message.

They had been warning him of Ero.

"My father received an interesting message about the Queen. He was concerned about the Rabium Bellua, as he has the right to be. I was sent to check on whether or not Queen Andorra was a threat to all fae."

Andorra tried not to take it personally. She really did. She felt Nohx's hand on her lower back, and she seemed to melt into his touch. And of course, nothing missed Ero. His eyes lingered on that hand, on the way Andorra reacted.

"You know what I find interesting?" Ero began his slow, lazy stroll as he circled Andorra and Nohx once again. "The Prophet doesn't live in Averotho, and so we do not have a Festival of Stars. We are very proud of the culture we have cultivated, and that is not a part of it. However, we still celebrate something similar to your soulmates. Without the Prophet's blessing. And, it's funny, you two seem to me like-"

"No. No way." It was Oberon butting in. "There is no possible way you can tell by a touch alone."

Ero's eyes flickered over to Oberon. "It's called paying attention. I'm observant, and I've been observing these two since I arrived. Andorra is a harder tell, I think because you're friendly with everyone. Being friendly with Sir Nohx wasn't a surprise. However, Nohx, you have a horrible poker face when it comes to your Queen."

Nohx's face was indifferent. He raised a single eyebrow, allowing Ero to continue.

"Usually, you're silent. Immovable. In the short time I've observed you, you hold everyone at a distance. You don't talk to them, you don't smile at them, you don't acknowledge them. But your Queen? Even before tonight, I knew you were together. The way you look at your queen is just delightful." Ero wasn't being kind about it. Andorra knew he was saying these things about Nohx as an insult. A gotcha sort of moment.

"Now, imagine my surprise when your Queen calls you by a sweet little nickname. Noah. And you have your own nickname for her, don't you? A nickname reserved just for you. Because if anyone else dared to call her Sunshine..."

"Okay, enough." Andorra shot Ero a glare. "So what if we are? What difference does it make? Listen Ero, if you have what you came here for, you should just go back to Averotho. Better yet, if you father wants to extend an invitation, I'll gladly meet him myself."

Ero shrugged. "I'm not ready to leave. And I have my own questions. How did it feel? Meeting each other, falling in love."

Andorra's mouth popped open. "That's what you want to know about? How we fell in love?"

"Well, truthfully, love is not as abundant back home. Averotho is different to Anlithamy. My father married for power and wealth, and not for love. Makes for a pretty cold upbringing, if you know what I mean. And my grandfather? Well, let's say he was pretty cruel in his own ways."