X V I

ANDORRA GREETED Ero in the Throne Room. Oberon had intercepted his arrival, had kept him waiting until Andorra had returned.

Callum stood behind Andorra as she sat on the throne. His posture was so stiff, Andorra thought that it had to hurt, to keep himself so rigid. On the other side of the throne was Oberon, more relaxed, but Andorra noted his face was carefully blank.

Andorra was the only one who smiled. "Ero. What would you like to discuss?"

"I have heard something rather interesting." Ero held his hands in his pockets, looking far more at ease than the other two men in the room. "There are whispers from my court that you defeated the Rabium Bellua. That you were the Rabium Bellua."

Andorra almost flinched at the words. It had been kept a secret from most, but it wasn't necessarily something she was guarding. Not anymore, not since she had defeated the Flayre. She carefully weighed her next answer.

"Telling him won't change anything," Pyatt reassured her. "He already knows. And you are already Queen."

"I know," Andorra answered. To Ero, she smiled. "It is true that I have mastered the Flayre, unlike my past self."

Something sharpened in Ero's expression. "So you admit it."

"Would you like to meet my Flayre?" Andorra widened her smile. Something flitted across her mind at the look in Ero's eyes. You need to put on a show. She couldn't be Andorra, normal human girl. She had to be Queen Andorra.

She stood from her throne. "I think you'll find, Ero, that the Flayre is sight a delightful creature when you're powerful enough to master it." "Pyatt, are you close to the castle?"

"Flying above."

"I think it's time to make a grand entrance."

"I think you'll find that many people do not wish to see the Rabium Bellua destroy the faerie race again." Ero eyed Callum and Oberon thoughtfully. He was scheming, Andorra could tell.

"Pyatt, through the sky light. Do you think you can?"

Andorra didn't look above, to the ceiling. Beautiful sky lights had been built in to give off natural lighting during the day, and it was almost too convenient. "Well, it's a good thing the Rabium Bellua no longer exists. You want proof of my control? Ero, meet my Rali."

"Pyatt, you're up. Make it dramatic, for good measure. This guy is for sure a prick."

"Dramatic it is."

Above them, the skylight shattered. Flames raced to the floor almost immediately, causing Ero to jump back to avoid being burned. A wall of fire separated Ero and Andorra, Pyatt swooping down amidst the flames. The shrill cry that Pyatt made had Ero flinching once again, taking another faltering step back.

By the time Pyatt had landed in front of Andorra, the flames winked out almost immediately. Nothing more than a parlor trick. Andorra stepped down from the dias, right to Pyatt. She let her hand trail down his feathered neck, a wolfish grin aimed at Ero.

"He is beautiful, isn't he?"

Andorra watched as Ero hid his expression. She watched his eyes take in the Flayre, watched as he mentally calculated what this meant. The Flayre, at her disposal. "How?" It was weary, but not angry. His gaze turned sharp as he looked up to Andorra. "It's impossible."

"I am Queen. Did you think I would be weak?" Andorra held her chin up. Despite it being an act, she found herself almost proud she could hold it together. Almost wished Nohx could be there to witness this.