X I I

"SHE... KILLED all of them? In the night?" Fraseri stood on the viewing platform, knuckles white as he gripped the banister keeping them safe. Something in his voice wavered, perhaps out of shock. He turned to look at Roseria. "Impossible."

Andorra opened the gate and pulled herself in the in-between, just to arrive right on the platform. "Correct. Are you surprised?" Her smile was feline and dangerous as she stepped closer to Fraseri. "Surprised that I, Queen of Anlithamy, am strong enough to take on a legion of fae?"

Fraseri took a step back, but Roseria took his place, nearly snarling at Andorra. "I call foul play."

Andorra's answering grin was feral. Had it only been a few months ago that Andorra thought of Roseria as a friend? Had it only been a few months ago that Andorra had taken that potion from the pink haired fae, so unaware of her intentions?

Not that the potion had been dangerous. No, it had actually been rather advantageous. But, Andorra had been so naive to just blindly believe in a stranger.

Now, Andorra saw nothing of that girl in herself. Not as she stood there, grief lodged in her throat from what had happened that night, and hatred burning in her gaze. It was like her human heart was at war; be soft and upset, or be hard and vicious.

"You would, wouldn't you? I think, Roseria, you forget that I'm not actually human."

Roseria held her stance. And it would be so, so easy for Andorra to grab her, to yank her to the Royal Court, and Roseria must have known that. She took a step back, teeth bared, power sparking at her fingertips.

Fraseri looked between the two. There was a sense of unease as he realized what would happen next. But, with his hesitancy came urgency for Andorra. "Listen, Fraseri. I have things to do with my day. So let's finish this up. I won, fair and square. Which means, the Reaping will cease to occur."

There was thick silence in the air, perhaps mixed with a hint of hatred. Because of course Fraseri would hate her now, for ruining his fun. For making him appear weak. He reached for her wrist, and Andorra let him take it. Let him raise her hand above her head. "I declare you our winner, Queen Andorra. I grant you free passage through our wood. And the Reaping will cease, as long as you shall live."

There was a dull threat in his words. And, despite her doing this for respect, Andorra realized that she would still be hunted. Quietly, and not obviously, but hunted nonetheless. While Fraseri lived, anyway.

A quiet enemy was better than a loud, abrasive one.

"I admire you for your truth and honesty. And I will reward you for upholding your end of the bargain. The Royal Court will always welcome you, Fraseri."

She meant her words, but not like she had with Eiriae. His presence would be welcomed, but not enjoyed. She had a sense that Fraseri, too, realized this.

Fraseri bowed, low. "If there is anything my Queen needs, I will help."

He was telling the truth, but it killed him to do so.

"Do not expect the same from me," Roseria hissed, her voice lethal. Not that Andorra would have expected that. She watched as Roseria stepped into her own gate, out of sight. Andorra felt the hint of remorse for not grabbing her sooner, for not forcing her back to the Royal Court. A little bit of disappointment. But there was still time, and Andorra still possessed the recipe for whatever Roseria needed. The pink haired fae would be back.

"Sir Nohx. Does he still dwell in the wood, or has he returned to the Winter Court?" Andorra tried to sound casual when she turned back to Fraseri. "I have not yet heard from Prince Puck of his return."