X X V I

"WE SHOULD really go see Kyle," Andorra murmured against a very sleepy Nohx. She was draped across his body, her head tucked under his chin, one leg in between his. At the mention of Kyle, his arm tightened around Andorra's body protectively. Perhaps a little bit possessively.

"I don't see a reason why we should," he said in rebuttal. For one thing, he was entirely too comfortable lying in bed with Andorra in his arms. He would pinch himself to see if he was dreaming, but he didn't have to. It was real. She was real, and in his home, and in his life. He pressed a kiss to the crown of her head, just because he could.

In response, Andorra pressed a kiss to his bare chest. She ran one hand up his side, marveling at the fact that they were both there, in one bed. In the bed where Andorra had been in his arms, trying to meditate. The very bed in which she realized just how much she wanted to kiss him.

In the same bed where Nohx read their silly little high english class book to her in hopes that it would wake her from the Rabium Bellua.

"We need to. Besides, your mom said some interesting things about how him messing with my memories could include him restoring some of my missing memories." Andorra stretched against Nohx, loving the way his arms caged her against him, almost as if he never wanted her to leave. She leaned up, looking him in the eye. "Also, his time is limited. And I really don't want to be the cause of his death."

Nohx watched her, watched the way the harsh winter sunlight gleamed against her golden hair, watched the way her lips curved into a smile just for him.

He pressed a kiss against her bare shoulder. "You're too good for this world."

"I'm too human, you mean." But she wouldn't change that about herself. "C'mon. You can play bodyguard in case he erases my memories completely."

"I'd rather play boyfriend." He kissed her shoulder again, and then lazily made his way up her throat. "Hmmm, or maybe husband? Yes, I'd prefer husband, I think."

Andorra let out a little giggle. Nohx, her boyfriend. He already was, in every sense of the word. But husband? Her stomach erupted into butterflies of the thought of him at the altar, watching her with his blinding eyes. The way he would look in a suit, with her ring on his finger.

"Do fae have husbands?" She was having a hard time thinking as he began to nibble on a sensitive spot under her jawline. "Aren't they called something else?"

"Human heart, human traditions, why stop there? We might as well keep going with a human wedding. A human marriage." He moved on from her jaw and found her lips. "Besides, you have a guard named Callum who will happily play bodyguard. You don't need me there for that; Callum will kill Kyle himself."

Andorra sat up completely, moving out of Nohx's kissing range. "I want you there when my memories come back."

His hands found her hips. He gave her a gentle squeeze. "Then I'll be there."

"Let's get dressed so we don't give Kyle a show, hmmm?" Andorra tried to slide off of Nohx, but he held her tightly, flipping them both over so she was under him. He leaned down to give her another kiss, a deeper one, and he took his time. He preened under Andorra's soothing touches against his scalp as she ran her hands through his hair.

When he finally had to pull back to breathe, he gave Andorra a satisfied smirk when he saw the way her face reddened with a blush and her pupils dilated. She leaned up to continue the kiss, but Nohx gently pushed her back against the pillows.

"Sorry, we really should get going. No more kisses for you, especially after suggesting we go see Kyle naked. Kyle will never, ever get to see you like that."