I I

"I was just telling Eve, thank Coronomus you were here when it happened!" Prince Desmond sat at the head of his dining table, a plate of half eaten roasted vegetables steaming on his plate. Fae wine was sloshing in his goblet as he waved his hands around animatedly. "We are so grateful to have you!"

"I'm happy I was here to help," Andorra smiled around a mouthful of food. Despite the attack, the joys of Sunnandæg continued to flow around the Summer Court. Included in Prince Desmond's own home.

"We're still so thankful. Rushing everyone indoors went very well. Great forethought on your end to send Eve."

Eve rolled her eyes. "Dad, relax with the compliments. You're going to spill your wine." She raised an eyebrow, but deep down, she was just relieved her family was safe. Glad her father had been home, getting dinner ready rather than being out and about.

Desmond set his wine down. "What do you say we start the gift giving? We've had enough excitement for the day, and Sunnandæg is almost over. Let's move this party."

Andorra had nearly forgotten this part of Sunnandæg. The tradition of gift giving reminded her a lot of Christmas, and she had spent a good deal of time trying to pick out gifts for Eve and her family. Even Callum, since Andorra knew he would be celebrating with them.

Although celebrating was a very loose way of describing what Callum was doing as he sat at the table stewing and glowering at Andorra for the way she pulled rank and forced him to stay behind. He had already reamed Andorra out the moment she returned, but he wasn't over it yet.

"Yes!" Desmond's wife declared. She set her fork down on her own plate. "I'll get the presents ready. You kids wash up first."

The warmth Andorra felt in her chest at those words had her hands shaking, just slightly. Homesickness hit her hard still. It should be her sharing how grateful she was for Desmond taking her in, treating her like family. And getting to do this, like the summer fae she was, felt right.

She was just Andy here.

Andorra followed Eve into the bathroom to wash her hands, and then she sat down on the couch by the open window, the warm summer breeze blowing through the room. Despite ruining her beautiful gown, no one had blinked an eye when she returned. She tucked her bare feet under her legs, playing with the raw hem of her dress as Desmond sat down, holding a multitude of gifts in his arms before setting them down.

Cher sat next to Eve, squeezing her daughter's hand affectionately. Eve smiled back at her mother, a rare moment for Andorra to witness. A moment she longed to have with her own mother, but Andorra swallowed the feeling.

Desmond handed out gifts slowly, watching as the gift receiver opened them up. Andorra found herself aching as Eve opened up a handknit sweater from her mother. A trinket from her father. Magic tickled Andorra's nose as Cher opened up a gift that housed a tiny cage with an even tinier bird inside. It chirped and sung, and when Cher opened the cage door, the bird flew out and swooped around them in circles.

Andorra was delighted as the bird left vines crawling up the living room walls in its wake.

Cher pressed her hands to her chest, tears sparking in her eyes. "Eve honey, you didn't have to get me this!"

"I figured she would help you with your garden this year. You're always joking about that green thumb." Both of them shared a smile together, Cher wrapping her arms around her daughter tightly. The bird settled by the window sill, singing into the breeze.

A present found itself on Andorra's lap. She blinked up at Desmond curiously. "Open it," he nudged. "It's from all of us."

The wrapping was rough in texture, clearly made from homemade paper. She tore it off carefully, unsure of what the present could be, but excited to find out anyway. She stared at the back of a picture frame, excitement swelling as she slowly turned it around.