Chapter 9 (Revised)

Another day has come, Naeri ate breakfast with her parents before going to school. 

Naeri was walking through the hallway towards their room, when suddenly a black haired maiden blocked her way. 

'Eto na ba yung legendary 'harangan-ang-daan-bago-laitin' move na sa mga novel ko lang nababasa?' Naeri's eyes twinkled in anticipation. Inisip nito kung maririnig ba niya ang isa sa mga linyang nabasa niya? 

"Year 12?" Taas kilay na tanong ng babae.

"Yes, may I help you?" Naeri answered politely as she excitedly screamed in her mind, 'Here it comes!' 

"This... Help me pass this to Clyde, thanks." The girl shoved a pink envelope to Naeri before hurriedly walking away. 

"Huh?" Naeri confusedly uttered, staring at the envelope that screams 'I-am-a-love-letter' in her hand. 

Naeri didn't miss the tinge of redness on the woman's ear as she hurriedly walked away. 

'Tsundere?' Isip niya habang kanyang itunuloy ang paglalakad patungo sa classroom nila.

"Hey, Gelu! Ano yan? Ikaw ah, second day mo palang dito, may natatanggap kana kagad na love letter? Hahaha." Bigla na lang umakbay si Xanxus kay Naeri ng makita niya itong asa harap ng pintuan. 

'Is it normal for friends to do this?' She confusedly thought, after thinking about it she let him be. 

"Hindi para sakin to, para kay Clyde. May nagpapa-abot, his admirer maybe?" Pagsagot nito. 

"Bilis gumalaw ng mga fans niya ah? Kaka-transfer mo palang pero ginawa kana kagad na delivery man." Patuloy paring naka-akbay si Xanxus ng pumasok sila sa room. 

"I don't mind, hindi naman ako naiistorbo." Naeri said before sitting in her chair. 

"Aw, our little flower is so kind and helpful." Naka ngiting ani ni Xanxus habang siya'y papa-upo sa kanyang upuan. 

"Little flower?" Her ears perked up at the nickname. 

"Oh, dimo ba nakita sa school forum?" Sambit ni Xanxus bago kinuha ang kanyang telepononsa bulsa, matapos itong magtipa ay ipinakita niya ito kay Naeri. 

Nang tignan ito ng dalaga ay nakita nito ang sariling larawan nuong nasa canteen sila kahapon. Sa larawan ay nakangiti siya habang nakatingin sa direksyon nina Xanxus. 

"Are.... things like this normal? Posting someone's images I mean?" Naeri asked as she returned his phone.

"I guessed so?" He shrugged, lazily resting his head on the table.

"Oh." As Naeri was wondering when the others would arrive, her gaze happen to stop at the back. She saw a picture posted on the bulletin board.

She got up to take a closer look. It was the photo they took yesterday. 

"Anong meron?" Bagot na tanong ni Xanxus nang mapansin nitong nagpunta sa may likod si Naeri. 

"The photo we took yesterday, it's here." 

"Ms. Solomon probably did that." He stated as he also stood up to take a look. He and Naeri stood close enough to cause a misunderstanding.

"What are you guys doing?" Naeri heard a slightly  cold voice, causing her to raise her head and look.

At the door, she saw Clyde followed by the others.

"Ah, nandito yung picture natin kahapon." She simply answered.

Only when hearing that dis Clyde's expression eased. Clyde didn't know why he suddenly felt unpleasant when he saw Xanxus and Naeri standing close to each other. 

The others took their seats. Russell closed his eyes the moment his head hit the hand pillow. Brixx crossed his arms on his chest before closing his eyes and Vincent headed to Xanxus as they started talking about something.

Naeri returned to her seat before suddenly remembering about the love letter. 

"Clyde, may nagpapabigay sayo." Sambit ng dalaga bago iabot ang envelope kay Clyde.

The young man stared at it for a few second before reaching out, stuffing it in his pocket. 

Not long after, Ms. Solomon came and class started.

——————-

Days passed and weekend came. 

Nothing out of ordinary happened. Naeri became more familiar with her school and her classmates. 

For example, she now knows that Russell does nothing but sleep in class and eating during lunch. Brixx never failed to ease his frowning face, looking unfriendly everyday. Xanxus was mostly together with Vincent, if not bickering their discussing something with this perverted smile on their faces. 

And Naeri doesn't know why, but she finds herself spending time with Clyde most  of the time. At the room, or the canteen, minsan pa nga ay nagpupunta sila sa may sakura tree at mauupo bago mag-usap. Ilang araw na ang lumipas pero hindi parin sila nauubusan ng pag-uusapan.