Chapter 2 (Revised)

Dedicated to imsadlygirl

"It changed color! Wow." Manghang sambit ng dalaga.

Naeri returned back to her seat, still clutching the hand mirror unbelievably.

Inilapit ni Euriya ang kanyang upuan kay Naeri, she then started to slowly caress her daughter's smooth long black hair.

"You see, Naeri, those beautiful pair of eyes that you own, are more special than you can think." Her mother started to explain.

"Bakit naman, Ma?" Tanong ng dalaga. She watched as her grey eyes returned back to normal.

"Matapos mong makitang parang normal ang mata mo, anong naramdaman mo?" Biglang tanong ng kanyang ama habang ito ay nagbabasa ng diyaryo.

"Uhm, kind of disappointed? Pa, I've waited for years to see my eyes then all of sudden it turns out it was normal looking. If someone were in my shoes, won't they be also disappointed?"  Naeri truthfully answered.

"Exactly." Xybexiere said as a matter of factly.

"Huh?" Hindi mapagtanto ni Naeri ang ibig sabihin ng kanyang ama.

"Every other generation of the Valkyrja lineage will eventually have those pair of eyes." Her father suddenly started to talk about their family history.

"The last time it appeared was on my mother's, your lola. Back then when she was still alive, your lola would tell me stories about how she was avoided and ostracized not just by her peers but even the adults when she went to school. Walang gustong kumaibigan sa lola mo mo nuong mga panahong iyon. People started to to point their finger at her, calling her a demon, a cursed child, a devil's spawn. Your lola suffered severe bullying back then. Her misery ended when she met your lolo. Hindi sya nagpaniwala sa mga tsismis na kumakalat tungkol sa lola mo, he befriended her until eventually he fell for the school's famous demon. Naalala ko ang sinabi ng lolo mo nuon nang i-describe nya ang lola mo.

He said ' Nuong una kong makita ang mama mo, napa-isip ako kung may anghel bang bumaba mula sa langit? Demon? Bullshit, she's the purest and kindest person I've ever met.

Yan ang sabi sakin ng lolo mo. " Naeri quietly listened to her father as he tells her the romance of her lolo and lola. She was fascinated at their lovestory, as if her grandparents are actually destined for each other. She started to fantasize her own prince charming, about how she'll be saved by him. On how she'll pass her days sweetly and romantically with him.

The maiden started having her own world of fantasy, unbeknownst to her, her eyes started changing color again, it turned to yellow.

Euriya wryly watched her daydreaming daughter. She then looked at her husband as if saying "I'm worried".

Xybexiere silently held his wife's hand as he gave it a slight squeeze, trying to assure her to not worry.

"Naeri, ready for school?" Xybexiere asked as he started eating.

Naeri's daydreaming stopped when she heard her father's voice.

She suddenly remembered that this will be the first time she's attending an official school. Her eyes flashed grey before returning to normal.

Naeri was homeschooled up until this year. Xybexiere didn't want a repeat of what happened to his mother. It's also out of a selfish reason that he wanted his daughter to stay by his side a little longer.

But as an adult, he knew that this had to end. He needed to let her go. Naeri needs to see how the world works on her own. Spoiling her like a baby would only bring her harm.