Chapter 1 (Revised)

Dedicated to bluwishcrystaphire

Xygleire Eunice Naeri Alyannah Valkyrja, her name was long and weird. Yet Naeri grew to love it.

Her parents named her as such, so why hate it?

In a few months, Naeri will turn eighteen. Simula ng ipanganak siya, Naeri really wished to see her eyes. Sa buong mansion nila ay halos walang makikitang salamin. Even the windows are covered by thick and heavy curtains.

She once asked her parents about it but all Naeri got was their complicated faces. She thought that maybe they have some trouble talking about it back then, so she simply kept her curiosity to herself.

Naeri dressed herself up in her school uniform as she sloppily puts her glasses on, grabbed her bag, wore her shoes, and she's ready to go.

As Naeri walked down the stairs, she can hear her mother's worried voice.

"Will it be okay? Hon, I'm worried." Unease filled her voice

"She'll be fine, don't worry." Rinig nyang sagot ng ama

"Ma, Pa, good morning."  Naeri smiled the moment she got down from the stairs.

"Good morning too, dear." Her mother greeted, beckoning her to sit beside her.

"Ma, I know my birthday is coming in a few months". Pagsisimula ng dalaga

"But can I receive my gift now?"

The husband and wife wryly looked at each other. Xybexiere sighed as he commanded...

"Lorry, bring me a mirror." 
"Yes, Sire." the maid answered

Naeri widened her eyes in surprise, she only tried her luck, she didn't expect for her wish to be granted. The young woman couldn't help but make her way to her father to give him a warm hug.

"Thanks, Pa." as she wrapped her arms around him.

Not long after, Lorry came back holding a hand mirror in which she handed to the maiden.

Naeri excitedly reached out to the mirror. Removed her glasses, took a deep breathe and then looked.

She looked, then looked but...
there's nothing wrong. The rare eyes that she anticipated based on the novels she read, didn't appear. No purple eyes, no blue eyes. Just... black. Plain black eyes, nothing out of ordinary.

"Hahaha, dear you look disappointed." Euriya laughed at her daughter's expression

"Well... Akala ko kasi may kung anong meron sa mata ko, Ma. But, it looks ordinary." Ani ng dalaga habang patuloy na tinitignan ang repleksiyon sa salamin.

She disappointedly stared before lowering the mirror, when suddenly just when she was about to put it away, she noticed that her eye changed color.

Naeri's mouth turned into 'O' as her eyes widened in shock.

"P-pa! Ma! Look! It changed color!" gulat na sigaw ng dalaga.