65. The Scarlet Witch - Stephen Strange

After the whole thing with my mother getting her hands on the Darkhold, I had nobody. I ended up being taken in by Dr Strange. My mom had long stopped caring for me, only caring about getting Billy and Tommy back. I knew that it wasn't her fault. When Agatha had given her the Darkhold, I noticed changes in her. Day by day, things became worse, until I couldn't even convince her to get out of bed in a morning. Eventually, I ran away. At the time, I didn't understand just how much the Darkhold had done to her and that she couldn't control it at all.

Soon, Doctor Strange came after me. Not knowing that he was in fact trying to help me, I fought against him. Stupid idea, even inheriting my mom's powers. I ended up trapped in the mirror dimension until I accepted his help. I found out that my mom had died from being crushed under some mountain. That broke me. It took me a long time to recover. That's a lie, I never recovered.

"Y/n!" Strange called from outside my room.

Not sure if I had heard correctly due to the song "Bubblegum Bitch" playing incredibly loudly, I turned it down and went to the door. Opening it, I saw that Strange was indeed wanting me.

"Did you perhaps forget that you have homework?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm doing it," I lied with a shrug.

"Mhm, really?"

He looked over my shoulder into my room at my open notebook.

"See," I replied. "Trigonometry. Impossible shit."

"Show me."

"Oh no, I can do it," I hurriedly replied. "That was for emphasis."

Strange cocked an eyebrow, but turned and walked away. I closed my door and let out a sigh of relief, eyes cast downwards.

"Trigonometry huh?"

I spun around, seeing Strange holding my notebook and reading it. Behind him was an open portal to the corridor outside my room. I felt the colour drain from my face as his brows furrowed.

"Y/n, what is this?" he asked.

"Nothing," I muttered, turning my music off and walking over.

I attempted to get my notebook back, but he stepped back and turned away from me.

"Y/n Maximoff, what are you trying to do...?" he mumbled under his breath.

"As you can see, figuring out the probability of my mom being alive," I sighed and admitted.

"And trying to find out if you can get her back?" Strange asked.

I found myself snatching the notebook back and furiously denying everything that was obviously there. Before I knew it, Strange was stepping back and holding his hand in front of him.

"Y/n, calm down," he told me calmly. "Take a deep breath."

I knew that I was on the verge of snapping and accidentally destroying something with my powers, so after slamming the notebook on my desk, I forced myself to breathe slowly.

"That's it... I'm not mad with you, I just don't think going after your probably dead mother is a good idea."

I turned back around and saw Strange come over to me.

"I want you to be safe."

"And I wouldn't be around my mom?"

"She was corrupted."

"Keyword, was."

"You're not to continue with this," Strange concluded, taking the notebook. "If I find out you are, you'll be in deep trouble."

With that, he left my room. I turned my music and went over to my bed. I flopped down on it and screamed into my pillow with both frustration and sadness. It wasn't fair. Why was it my mom who ended up like that? Why did Agatha give her the book?

I had to find out if she was actually alive. I remembered Agatha's words. Magic always protects its holder. She's gotta be alive. I know it, I can feel it.

I crept down the stairs, my backpack slung over my shoulder. I could see a dim light coming from one of the rooms. As I made a turn, I saw Wong, and he saw me. Quickly throwing my bag on the stairs but using my powers to make sure it didn't make a sound, he asked me, "What are you doing up?"

"I thought I heard something," I lied, glad that the darkness was hiding my guilty face. "It was just you."

Wong nodded.

"Go back up to bed then," he told me. "Good night."

"Night," I muttered, grabbing my bag off the stairs as I went back up.

I stood on the landing in silence, listening. I heard Wong moving about downstairs and knew that I needed to get out another way. I headed back to my room and closed the door quietly. I went over to the window and opened it. If I could stand on the windowsill outside, I might be able to fly down to the ground. Thinking quickly, I put my pillows underneath my covers - just in case Wong or Strange decided to check on me - then began to climb out of the window as quietly as I could. A gust of cold wind hit me as I got a foothold on the outer windowsill. I looked down and immediately regretted it, getting hit with a rush of vertigo.

"Fucking hell, why did Strange have to make it so damn difficult to get out at night?" I asked myself.

 I had my bag gripped in my right hand and my left hand was holding onto the bricks of the Sanctum as I shuffled across the window-ledge until I was at the edge.

"Alright Y/n, don't fuck this up and drop yourself off a cliff please," I pleaded myself as I activated my powers.

I thought of the place I wanted to be and clenched my fists.

The first thing I felt was the cold. The first thing I tasted was the bitter wind. The first thing I heard was the whooshing of the wind. And the first thing I saw? A destroyed Mount Wundagore.

"Not much changed since my last visit then huh," I muttered to myself quietly.

I realised that the snow was seeping through the knees of my jeans and my gloves as I had fallen onto the snow and stood up. Why didn't I just teleport from my room? Strange had some sort of spell that encompassed my room that would stop me from using magic but alert him every time I even attempted to use it. That's why I had to do some Spider-man wall climbing shit just to teleport.

I trekked up the steep slopes towards the collapsed building where my mother had died.

"Mom?" I called out into the freezing cold.

She might not even be alive, but here's to hoping. I got no response, which tugged at my heart slightly, but I continued ahead precariously. I didn't want to use my powers, but I soon enough reached an iced up rock which was way too smooth to even hope to climb. I pushed my hands down and found that my feet were lifted from the ground. I hovered just above the top of the rock for a second, before putting myself down shakily. I hadn't quite mastered my powers yet.

I walked forward towards the collapsed entrance, my eyes trying to make out anything inside without having to actually go inside. As I reached the entrance, I thought I heard a quiet voice inside.

"H-hello?" I called, still unable to see anything.

The darkness seemed to part way for two balls of red light. As if by a miracle, the figure of my mom came walking out of the shadows.

"Y/n...?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/n

Haha yeah, I'm leaving this on a cliff-hanger cause I can