35. He saved me - Tony Stark

The building collapsed on itself. I - terrified - ran as fast as I could to get out of the way. I managed to avoid the crumbling building falling on top of me. Dust rose from the ground, causing me to cough. It got in my eyes, and I stumbled around, trying to rub the dust from my eyes.

"Help!" I cried, tripping over something and falling headfirst onto a piece of broken concrete.

I felt it slice my head open, and everything was blurry - even when I managed to get the dust out of my eyes.

"Somebody, help! Please!" I cried out in Sokovian. "I'm stuck!"

Nobody was near to hear me. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest. I could feel the sticky crimson trickling down the side of my face. I stupidly decided to get up and search for someone - in the middle of a robot apocalypse when the city was flying. I got to my feet and went out into the open. I saw one of Ultron's robots. It saw me. I backed away with a scream as it came towards me.

"We are here to help," it's mechanical voice said as it approached me.

"No you're not!" I yelled. "Go away! Go away!"

"We are here to help. We are here to help."

I turned and ran down the crumbling alleyway. I must've been one of the only Sokovians left in the destruction of the city. The usually bustling streets were now desolate of native life. It was empty, but it never felt more crowded. Whether it was the rubble or the fact that I knew the city was crawling with robots, I didn't know. I felt the air getting thinner with every panicked breath I took. I could hear the mechanical voice behind me - further away, but still following me. I ducked under a fallen tree and hid behind the trunk, unable to run any further.

"Please, please, someone be near save me," I whispered quietly to myself, my fingers fumbling with the necklace around my neck.

"We are here to help."

The voice was close now. I tensed up instinctively, hiding behind the trunk of the fallen tree.

"We are here to help."

I screamed. The robot had it's hand around my neck. I kicked my legs, but the robot slammed my body back down on the ground. The cut on my head bled more. I was slipping in and out of consciousness, my attempts to save myself getting weaker by the second.

Suddenly, as I gave up trying, the robot's hand released me. I forced myself to open my eyes. Someone was destroying it. Was it Iron Man? He turned to me, and I felt fear rise in me again. He took his metal mask off and I saw it was Tony Stark. He bent down to me and said, "I'm going to get you to safety."

His face was the last thing I saw before my consciousness faded away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n

I know this was really short, sorry abt that 😅. I kinda ran out of ideas for this one-shot.

I got the idea from a tiktok I saw where Tony saved someone 🤣