48. Under control - Natasha Romanoff

I stood in the dark training room of the Avengers Compound, my arms pinned behind my back. The man I most despised paced in front of me as the widow behind me injected the serum into my neck. I cried out but was silenced by a second widow pressing her hand over my mouth.

"Shhh my sweetheart..." Dreykov drawled, coming close to me.

I felt the chemicals in the injection starting to work from a tingling sensation over my body.

"You are my mole," the man murmured to me, stroking his finger lightly over my cheek. "My widow in disguise."

"No!" I tried to protest, but it was muffled due to the widow's gloved hand. "You can't do this!"

Dreykov put his hand behind his ear.

"I can't hear you darling?" he chuckled, before punching my stomach.

My newfound ability to control my own decisions was slipping away and I could feel it.

"Do you know your mission Miss Y/L/N?" Dreykov asked.

"No sir," I replied, my words now free as the injection took me completely in the man's power.

"You are to get me Natasha Romanoff," Dreykov replied, then looked at the digital watch on his wrist. "She will be down here soon enough. I expect you to end her life or take her onto our side."

"Yes sir."

"We will see you tomorrow morning," he said, and he promptly left, his two widows behind him.

The lack of context to that part was due to the injection. Dreykov had chemically subjugated me via an injection, and I was struggling to process what was happening. All I knew was that I had been given an order.

I must follow it.

I must kill Natasha Romanoff.

Kill.

Kill.

Kill.

Obey!

I snapped out of my trance as the door opened. I pulled out my knife and stood a few meters to the side of the door, waiting for the woman to notice me.

"Y/n?" Natasha asked.

I didn't respond, but I launched myself forwards, slashing my blade through the air.

"Shit!" Natasha cursed, barely dodging.

I rolled over my head and landed on my feet again, my eyes watching the assassin's every move.

"Y/n..." Natasha started, holding her hand out towards me. "What are you doing?"

"Following an order!" I barked, lunging again.

Natasha dodged my knife, but grabbed my arm in the process, spinning me around. Just as she pulled the knife from my hand and threw it to the ground, I kicked her gut, causing her to stumble backwards. I quickly picked up my knife and backed up. I held it above my head as the red-head recovered herself.

"Y/n, listen to me!" she tried to stop me from following orders.

No.

Kill her.

Rip her apart!

Once I was aimed, I dropped my arm, giving the illusion I wasn't going to attack. Natasha made the mistake of standing still for less than a second, letting me throw the knife at her. I growled in frustration as the knife simply scraped her shoulder as it missed.

"You're controlled..."

I ran towards her and leapt up, wrapping my legs around her neck and pulling her to the floor. Natasha grabbed my right arm with hers and pulled until I yelled in pain.

"Y/n, stop!"

I ignored her, letting her free of my legs and kicking my black boot into her neck. She choked and started struggling to breathe. I smirked as I got to my feet and pulled out my other blade from my suit.

"Hail Dreykov!"

I plunged the knife downwards and felt pleasure run through me, believing I had done it. Suddenly however, I felt electricity shock through my body and I cried out in pain as I dropped the blade and crashed down to the ground. I felt myself land on Natasha, who was actually perfectly alive. I weakly struggled against her as she held my arms and pulled me to the wall. The noise had finally attracted the attention of the other Avengers, who stood in the doorway, shocked.

"Someone get an antidote!" Natasha yelled.

Kill her.

Follow the order.

Obey.

Obey!

OBEY!

All my struggles were to no avail however, as I was held down by Clint and Steve too. I thrashed and struggled until red gas cloaked us all. I sneezed suddenly and stopped struggling.

The effects of Natasha's Widow Bites along with the antidote were mixing together.

I was struggling to stay awake.

"Y/n?" Natasha whispered behind me.

"Natasha..." I murmured. "I- I'm sorry."

"It's okay..." she replied, pulling me into a hug as the other two let go of me.

"I-I Dreykov, he-he-he's back f-for us," I stumbled over my words as I cried.

"It's alright, don't worry..." Natasha soothed, hugging me tightly.

"I'm sorry," I apologised.

"Don't worry, it's not your fault..."

"I don't want to be under his control."

"You aren't anymore... don't worry..."