51. Hydra academy - Hydra + SHIELD

I woke up to the beeping of my alarm. I sat up in bed and turned it off. 7am. I got out of bed and went over to my wardrobe, taking out a white shirt, my red and black striped tie, dark grey skirt and black tights and my blazer. I quickly dressed and looked over at Bee - my golden retriever - who was laid in his bed on the floor.

"I'll bring you some breakfast up soon boy," I said, crouching down to rub behind his ears.

He whined and licked his lips. I sighed and grabbed a packet of dog treat sticks, placing two down for him. I picked up my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

"See you soon!" I waved at him before leaving my room, closing the door behind me.

I walked down the corridor towards the cafeteria, brushing some dog fur off the front of my skirt.

"Look, it's the Y/L/N girl!" one of the boys jeered as I walked past.

I scoffed and walked straight past.

"Meet me in my room later!" he called with a whistle.

The boys were so fucking annoying and stuck up it made me sick. When I reached the cafeteria, I went over to my friends and sat down on their table. My small friend group was made of Tracy, Harley and James.

"Morning guys," I greeted, placing my bag beside me.

"Hey Y/n," Harley replied, picking up the newspaper in front of him.

The news at Hydra academy was heavily censored, being only of Hydra's successes and threats to us - the reason why it was delivered on newspaper.

"Holy shit," Harley mumbled.

"What?" Tracy asked.

Harley passed the paper to the girl to read for herself. She began to read out loud.

"The threat of SHIELD Hydra academy increases day by day. All students must be prepared to fight if necessary."

I scoffed.

"We're the students here, what about the teachers? Why the fuck would we fight?" I questioned.

There was silence from my friends.

"You are loyal to Hydra... right?" James inquired quietly.

I blinked.

"Of course!"

I knew that if you weren't loyal, you'd be punished. I had to be loyal. My friends were totally convinced by Hydra's propaganda, but I wasn't as easily convinced. I was forced into loyalty more than most for fear of punishment.

"Then don't question them!" Tracy hissed.

I shrugged and stood up, going to get myself some breakfast from the counter. I picked up a plate and put on a slice of toast and some cereal, before heading back to the table.

"Y/n, could we do some combat training later?" Harley asked.

"Sure," I replied casually. "I'm also going to practice my aim with the guns."

James opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a loud alarm blaring. This was the alarm everyone dreaded. The newspaper was right. SHIELD was invading. Everyone leapt up from their places and began to run all over. The roof of the cafeteria was blown up, debris flying everywhere. I grabbed my bag and jumped back, just escaping being hit by a shard of glass.

"Y/n, come on!" James grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the cafeteria.

The blaring alarm deafened me, starting to give me a headache as we ran towards the emergency exit. I pulled away and ran towards my bedroom.

"Y/n, we need to get out of here!" James screamed after me.

"I need to get Bee!" I yelled. "Go, get out of here, I'll be right behind!"

"No, Y/n!"

I ignored him and ran down the corridor as fast as my legs could carry me. I got to my bedroom and went in. Bee was pacing around, whining, terrified. I grabbed his lead from the floor and put it on his collar.

"Come on, we need to get out of here!" I cried, pulling him towards the door.

Suddenly, my window was smashed in and Bee leapt into me with a yelp. The big dog knocked me off balance and I stumbled to the floor. My dog barked manically as SHIELD agents came through the window.

"Shit shit shit!"

I yanked my bag open and pulled out the gun I stored at the bottom, aiming it at the agents and pulling the trigger. My aim was mostly accurate, shooting down 2 of 3 agents. The last remaining one shot something at me. I prepared for it to hit me, but Bee leapt in front of me, taking the hit. The pained yelp made me cry out and shoot the agent furiously.

"Bee!" I screamed as my dog lay on the floor, bleeding out of his chest. "No, no, no!"

I took my blazer off and pressed it against the wound desperately. I felt the tears come to my eyes as I tried to stop the bleeding. The alarm was still blaring, but all I could hear now was my own heartbeat - fast and loud - trying to save my dog's life. I could faintly hear gunshots and explosions.

"Please, please, don't do this to me!" I begged into Bee's ear as he became weaker and weaker.

He whined and looked at me. I knew I couldn't do anything, so I stopped trying. Instead, I sat with my back against my bedroom wall, with the golden retriever on my lap. I cuddled him, whispering, "You're going to be okay..."

Too lost in pain, I didn't notice someone enter my bedroom (via the door this time) and stand beside me until they said, "He's dead."

I looked up. It was a SHIELD agent - shoulder length red hair, emerald eyes and a gun held in her left hand. I grabbed my gun from beside me and held it up, confused as to why this agent wasn't killing me.

"I'm not going to hurt you, and neither are you going to hurt me," the agent said, reaching to take my gun.

I pulled the trigger instinctively, but she moved her head out of the way, somehow avoiding the bullet. I couldn't exactly stand up with a huge dog laid in my lap. The agent sighed and put her hand to her ear, saying, "Maria, ready."

The agent snatched the gun out of my unsuspecting hand suddenly and put her gun against my head.

"Don't move."

I didn't. I was numbed by the pain of Bee's dead body on my legs. A moment later, a sharp pain in the side of my neck told me I'd been stabbed with a needle. First my vision went blurry and I felt the gun move from my head. I moved my hands into the long fur of my golden retriever as everything went black.