49. The Winter Soldier - Alena Romanoff-Rogers

A/n

Credits to Lizzylikes1d for Alena!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Age: 15

We were in Sam's car, driving across a large bridge. Sam was driving, dad was in the passenger seat, and me, mom and Sitwell were in the back. I was in the middle seat. Mom leant forward to dad and pointed out., "To say it's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close."

"I know," dad replied. "We just need to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly."

"What?!" Sitwell exclaimed. "Are you crazy?"

Both mom and dad turned to glare at him.

"That is a terrible, terrible idea-"

The window smashed and a metal arm reached in. I jumped violently, causing my mom to grab me by my shoulders and pull me into her. With a scream, the man on top of our car pulled Sitwell out via the smashed window.

"Shit!" Sam yelled.

"Alena, get in the front!" mom yelled as the Winter Soldier began shooting.

I obeyed, clambering forward in an instant. Dad grabbed me and helped me get over, before I asked, "Mom, what about you?"

She smirked and climbed forward herself.

"I know we're dying here, but I don't think the three of you can fit in one seat!" Sam pointed out, pushing the lever forward and bringing the car to a sudden halt.

"We'll manage!" mom assured him.

The sudden stop not only jolted us all in the car forward, but sent the Winter Soldier flying off our car. I watched as he landed, his metal fingers digging into the concrete highway. I saw fear lacing both my parents' eyes as they realised it was him.

As he stood up, I started to panic.

"Mom, what do we do?"

No reply.

"Mom!" I shouted louder.

"Alena, it's alright," dad assured me, but I knew he knew he was lying.

"We'll..." my mom began to speak but almost immediately trailed off.

She instead picked up her gun and aimed it, but before she could pull the trigger, another vehicle rammed into the back of ours. Sam put an arm out to stop any of us flying out of the window and dad held onto both me and mom. I held back a scream of terror. I couldn't distract the three from doing what they needed to do.

The car was forced forward towards the Winter Soldier and I saw concentration on Sam's face as he tried to steer away, but it was to no avail. The Hydra man launched himself onto the top of our car and my eyes instinctively widened in terror.

I screamed as the Winter Soldier reached through the windscreen and took the steering wheel.

"Oh shit!"

I think I passed out for a second, because when I woke up, mom's arm was around my waist and dad was yelling, "Hold on!"

The car was sent flying up into the air, but as Sam held onto us, dad kicked the car door off and we went sliding across the highway. I bent my neck into mom's chest instinctively, trying to keep myself from hurting my head.

Sam rolled off and I almost did if it wasn't for mom using her other arm to grip onto my shirt. As we came to a stop, she asked, "You okay?"

"Y-yeah."

We all stood up quickly and dad ordered, "Alena, take this and hide!"

He handed me a gun and I saw mom pull hers out.

"Good luck," I wished them, before running off to hide, prepared to fight only if I had to.