Have Faith In Me

Kellin didn't feel real, nothing felt real. It all seemed like a bad movie he couldn't pause.
He was going to be sick. He turned Vic over on his back. Vic's skin was yellow, he didn't look okay at all, his lips were blue and Kellin was freaking out. Vic wasn't breathing. Kellin didn't know what to do, so he called Jack.
Jack assured him he was on his way, and calling an ambulance. Kellin just sat there helpless. He fucking told Vic this would happen.

Kellin didn't say anything when Jack arrived. He didn't cry when the paramedics took Vic away, Jack bawled and Kellin could only rub his back. They followed the ambulance, calling Vic's mother on the way. Kellin felt nothing when the attached tubes and wires to his boyfriend. He remained in a haze as Jack confirmed that Kellin was the patient's brother so they could stay together. Jack sat in the waiting room and waited for Vic's mother. Kellin sat next to Vic, who seemed suddenly too fragile to touch. Vic was going to get through this.

Mrs. Fuentes showed up and talked to the doctors, demanding information. Kellin didn't move as the doctor mentioned things like 'liver failure' and 'acetaminophen overdose.' He felt nothing as the doctor talked about chronic cough syrup abuse. Vic would be fine. He had to be fine.

'His liver is under a lot of stress, he's obviously been doing this for a long time.' Kellin knew this, he knew Vic was playing a dangerous game; he just didn't want to believe what the doctor was saying. Vic was going to be fine.

'I think you should say good bye. I'm sorry; there's been too much damage.' Vic would be fine. Kellin told him this would happen, but that didn't mean it was supposed to.

'We've done all we can' the doctor said quietly, awkwardly trying to comfort Vics' mother, Jack collapsed on the floor struggling for breath. Kellin just stood, emotionless. Nothing was real, he was completely numb.

Kellin heard the heart monitor give its last beep and he couldn't shed a single tear.