Good & Gone

They were doing great. They really were. Kellin and Vic stayed pretty steady and uninterrupted. Vic kept his promise, remaining clean and Kellin doesn't have to distract him anymore. Kyle stays away from Kellin and doesn't interfere. Kellin isn't fully recovered from the incident but Vic is patient with him. Things were looking up.

Things were looking a little too good for Kellin to be comfortable. He couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that spread throughout his body. Vic wasn't in school because he had caught a cold that had been going around. Kellin knew his boyfriend was responsible, it probably wasn't anything. Kellin just missed Vic.

'I think I'll walk over and see him during lunch' he said to Jack during guitar. Jack looked up from his instrument, puzzled.

'He's probably fine; I just want to make sure he's not dehydrated.' Kellin justified. Jack just smiled, clearly thinking Kellin was going to go make out with Vic. Maybe he will.

Kellin rushed to Vic's house, excited to see his boyfriend again. He let himself in and called out to Vic.
Silence.
Kellin shook off the worry that settled in his throat, Vic was probably just sleeping. He walked quietly to Vic's room, keeping his breath steady; there was no reason to freak out. Kellin pushed the door open and let out a sigh of relief, Vic was sleeping peacefully. He crossed the room to try and kiss his boyfriend awake; he was reaching for Vic's shoulder when he noticed Vic's hand, clutching an empty bottle of cough syrup.