CH | 1

Mayra Kashyap

The smell of caffeine was overwhelming in the cafe, but that was what Mayra needed to regain her energy and continue working her ass off.

She had been running around the cafe for the past three hours or so and it might continue for another five hours since she was doing a double part-time shift today because her colleague, Sneha, had requested her to do so.

Being a soft-hearted girl, Mayra agreed, although she was reluctant in her heart.

It was really hard for her to directly decline Sneha's request since Sneha had saved her from some rogue once, and she was indebted to her from then on.

But Sneha had taken advantage of her kindness many times, and she still couldn't give Sneha a cold shoulder.

With a huff, she pouted and just occupied the seat near the counter since the cafe was awfully full today, which was really giving her a headache.

She was never a fan of noise, but this job was what she needed to complete her studies.

However, her peace was short-lived as she heard someone calling her in a really loud tone, and she snapped her eyes open and stood up abruptly.

Gazing at the man who called her, Mayra almost yelled at her colleague, "God, Ashish! Can't you call me in a normal tone?"

He chuckled while a mischievous grin was settled on his face, "Well, you're daydreaming. What else can I possibly do except shout your name?"

Hearing him, Mayra shook her head with a scoff and asked, "What is it?"

"There is a VIP customer in the Private room 104. Go and quickly serve him." Ashish added while whispering in her ear, "The manager especially asked for you since you have the best ratings here! It seems the customer was really an important person."

Mayra gave a knowing nod as understanding dawned on her, and she strode to the side and climbed the stairs with a small notepad and pen in her hands.

When she reached the reserved room, she took a deep breath and knocked on it carefully so as not to offend whoever was in there, as she knew the rules of the cafe very well to not disturb the privacy of VIP customers. Moreover, she knew she couldn't possibly afford to offend them!

When she stood outside, she heard a low magnetic tone speak, "Come in."

Hearing a voice that was soothing, yet compelling with a dangerous tinge hiding in it really astounded her. She was instantly mesmerized, and her feet automatically drove in on her own accord as curiosity got the best of her to find out who the man was.

She kept her steps steady and moved in directly towards the table. To her surprise, it was empty, and she pondered whether she had misheard the command.

But when she was about to turn away, she felt a scrutinizing gaze piercing her back, and in the next second, she felt a tall shadow hovering over her.

With a gulp, she wanted to move but heard his strong command, "Are you the waitress here?"

Inhaling a sharp breath, she nodded.

But the man wasn't satisfied and grumbled near her ear, making her breath hitch, "I need a verbal answer."

Mayra shivered hearing the sharpness in his tone, and she mumbled ever so softly as suddenly her throat went dry, "Yes, Sir."

"Good girl. What's your name?" She heard him ask, and she didn't know what got over her as she immediately blurted, "Mayra, Sir."

After saying that, he remained silent, and she had the urge to turn around and see the man. When she was about to move, she heard him say in his strict tone, "Don't move!"