CH | 11

Being so close to Tanuj instantly calmed her nerves, and the way her heart began hammering in her chest was proof that he was still her cherished crush deep in her heart.

He was a secret she didn't want the world to know!

And for once, she wanted to become greedy and want to enjoy his embrace as if he was the one who could soothe her troublesome heart.

Her small hands tugged his shirt tightly while she buried her head into his sturdy chest and he patted her back with rare tenderness in his eyes and murmured sadly, "Where have you been all these years, Mayra?"

Hearing his question, she stiffened, and she didn't know how to answer him nor did she want to let him know of what she had been through in these three years because all she wanted to show him was her best side!

Who doesn't want to be the best in the eyes of their beloved ones?

And she was no different!

Tanuj being her first and last crush didn't help her either, because he was a memory she cherished.

He was a secret she buried in the depths of her heart, and she probably wouldn't have the chance to pursue him in this life!

Because she was a coward!

A coward who couldn't even express her feelings!

A woman who wasn't strong enough to confess!

And she knew she wasn't worthy of him because he was the one who would stand tall wherever he went. But she, where was she?

She was a girl who was trampled upon by her own family!

She was a burden who was rejected by her own father!

A poor student who should look after her sick brother!

A woman who was always struggling to make ends meet despite being broke!

And most importantly, a child of a mistress!

And that flaw didn't give her the courage to even stand near him, let alone breathe the same air as him or be with him!

Because she didn't want to taint Tanuj with her messed up family affairs!

She didn't want to implicate him in the least because she wanted to see him shine, she wanted him to be happy even if she wasn't present in his happiness to share!

And Tanuj belonged to a rich family was the last straw for her because she knew the gap between them was so much that she feared she could never cross it in her life and even maybe in her next life!

But she should admit, he gave her the strength to fight when she was at her lowest, and his image and the memories she buried in her heart gave her the courage to stand on her feet even though she wanted to give up in those years.

And when she finally saw him even when she thought she could never see him again, brought her immense happiness that she forgot about all her troubles and hurdles lying between them and stopping them, and selfishly wanted to hold him longer!

Eyeing her visibly tensed in his embrace, Tanuj understood her intentions and decided to not stress her anymore as he was sure they would have plenty of time to catch up now that he was going to live in the same city as hers, and he released a sigh he didn't know he was holding and stroked her hair while he took a whiff of her fragrance.

However, he couldn't stop himself from blurting out, "Do you know how worried I was for you all these years?"

Hearing his slightly strained voice, she trembled in his hold, and she lifted her head, only to see his hazel eyes were already staring at her intently, and a faint blush crept up on her cheeks seeing the burning gaze in his eyes.