10

"Come on. I just got this thing out for the first time. That's why I asked for your headband. So that I can compare it with this."

"I don't have it because YOU HAVE IT," the king claimed, emphasizing each of his words.

Inhwa chortled, shaking her head as she turned the box back at her.

The king nodded his head. "Okay, now. I'll prove it to you. There's a stain by the end of the cloth. I got that on the day I led my army in fighting a group of armed rebels in the East-southeast territory of Goguryeo."

"The Silla Great Rebellion," Inhwa recalled. "The rebels ran to the East-southeast territory of Goguryeo and set up their base there. To oppose the ruling king that time... King Hongdaseung."

"That is true. That is my father," Yoongseung nodded, confirming the fact. "Also, the seal was hand-embroidered. It's asymmetrical."

"Asymme-What?"

"The left side is a short set of that part."

She stared at the headband for a while, before glancing back at the printed paper she had just brought earlier. Inhwa compared the seal on the headband with the picture.

It is asymmetrical.

"Yeoheung Min clan is also known for its perfection," Inhwa added another fact.

Yoonseung nodded, acknowledging the fact as he crossed his arms and leaned back into the chair.

Then she shook her head and began to speak, "Look, my assumption here is: you were born with the memories of the lost king. I don't know what you were doing back there in the lake, maybe you were just drunk and fell into it."

"I was fighting a shaman. She cursed me," he explained again for the fourth time that night.

"Shamanism is not real. Magic is not real. Time traveling is merely impossible. And also, what a coincidence, I studied about royals from the Yeoheung Min clan and you popped up-"

"Then tell me the story of King Yoongseung."

"He was a cruel king," Inhwa started, not even a hint of hesitation in her tone as she went on telling him the facts that she knew about the lost king.

"His people lived in poverty, while the royals lived a lavish lifestyle. During the reign of King Manseung, a massacre across the village was done. Historians believed that he intended to kill those who were suspected of shamanism and possibly treacherous. He killed a lot during that time. Then the next king, King Hongdaseung; oppressed his people during his reign, by restricting the agriculture industry. He got all the outcomes, but the villagers never get any to support their lives."

"Then the final king, the very last king... King Yoongseung," she paused, and shrugged her shoulders, "basically just carry on what the previous kings did."

Yoongseung squinted his eyes at her. "Present me evidence that said I did what the previous kings did."

"I am currently doing my research, I have less evidence for now," she firmly said, clasping her hands together after she closed the box. "You are not someone from the past. You never time travel."

The king let out a heavy sigh, almost giving up on convincing her. He tapped his fingers on the table while staring at the box that housed his headband.

"This place... is the future, right? " he asked for one last confirmation. She nodded once, and it got him thinking again.

"I've read a book once..." he muttered, then suddenly he leaned towards the table. "Hand over the headband."