4

Days later...

"You really don't hear it?"

The advisor shook his head. "No, Your Majesty. I heard nothing."

Yoongseung looked around his palace area from his balcony, with arms over his chest.

He took a deep breath and let out a long exhale as his eyes fell onto that one spot at the very back of his palace; the kitchen.

Precisely, the spot where he used to watch the kitchen maid hanging out with her outsider friend.

He shook his head, trying to distract his mind.

It's the third day, and I still hear it. Just me. I couldn't have been imprinted by the shaman... right?

"I'm leaving today," the king suddenly announced.

The advisor widened his eyes. "But-"

"I am well prepared."

"Your men aren't ready yet."

"No, let me go first. They can come along later," Yoongseung said, immediately turning around to his advisor. "And don't tell the Head General yet. Wait until the sun is right above you, then you can tell him."

The advisor knew how useless it was to stop the king, so he just simply nodded. "Understood, Your Majesty."

*****

"You got everything?"

"Yes."

"Your water?"

"Yes."

"Bandages?"

"Yes!"

"What else..."

"Han Jungshik!" Inhyeon called out, grabbing his arm.

Their gazes met, and it was clear in the doctor's eyes how concerned he was to let her go.

"I have everything. You packed it up for me," she softly said, patting the strap of the bag that she had been carrying behind her.

Jungshik took a deep breath. "Okay."

He grabbed both her hands, running his thumbs all over her knuckles as his worry kept on bothering him.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll be fine," she reassured him.

"You're leaving. That means you're not coming back."

"When my life is a lot better out there, I'll visit you. So don't worry."

She smiled, and that was enough to calm his heart. He brought her hands closer to his lips and kissed them.

"Alright. I guess this is it. Take care. Drink plenty of water. And don't restrain yourself," the doctor reminded her.

She nodded. "Yes. And thank you for taking care of me."

Jungshik nodded as he loosened his grip on her hands, and watched as Inhyeon began to walk towards the gate, with her back facing him.

He stood there, his mind started to scramble. He couldn't think straight, and he could feel his heart begin to crumble into pieces, watching his childhood crush widen their distance, leaving him all alone.

"Song Inhyeon!" Doctor Han called out to her and began to run after her.

She was just turning around to his call when he suddenly pulled her in and kissed her.