8

"Wow," Inhwa whispered as she stopped right by the hill. "I didn't know there's a cliff road here."

There was a small parking lot by the hill, probably for the hikers who wished to do hiking activities there, but the ascending road toward the top was also accessible by car.

She stared at the small sign by the road, saying 'To Maseul Lake'.

Well, I saw a glow from the top of the hill. Should I really go there?

Ding.

Inhwa began to drive up the paved cliff road. She came to a stop after she had reached the top.

She got out of her car and walked towards the entrance to the lake, where she had to take a walk into the small forested area.

"I never knew about this place," she said as she googled it and the first website caught her attention.

"Maseul Lake. Thousand years... bla bla bla... Joseon era... Yeoheung Min ruling period. Named 'Maseul' which means 'magic', and it was protected by the Great Shaman Geumdo. Legend has it that she had once battled with someone here but no one ever knew how it ended, nor who she had fought."

She let out a sigh and stared at the creepy-looking forest. "This is not a magical lake, it's a haunted lake!"

Suddenly the bell rang again, and she immediately closed her ears with her hands.

"Oh, and what's with that bell ring?! I shouldn't have come here!" she grunted, swiftly running back to her car when suddenly she heard a voice.

He's there.

Inhwa stopped and turned back to the forest.

"Oooh, even the trees are talking!"

Inhwa.

Her eyes widened at the mention of her name. "Heck, no. I'm out of here."

She began to open her car door when she heard the same male voice again.

Inhwa, help me.

"What?"

I'm scared. Help me, Inhwa.

She stared back at the forest, and couldn't help but to sympathize with the call.

Maybe there is someone who needs my help there, she thought.

"Might as well be a paranormal investigator. I'm an idiot," she sighed in defeat and went into her car, getting over to the glove compartment and taking out her mini flashlight.

She took in a deep breath and turned on the flashlight before stepping into the forest slowly.

The lake wasn't that far into the darkness, but it was quite silent. She came to the guardrail and stared at the body of water, reflecting the full moon on its calm, clear surface.

That's amazing! Abundance of rose quartz in it too! She thought to herself when she discovered the crystal's existence in the lake.

She pointed the flashlight around the area, hoping to see someone.

I'm seriously stupid for putting myself in danger like this.

"If there's anyone out there, come out. It's not funny," she called out, half-hoping that no one would come out at her. She could feel her breath becoming erratic as the trees suddenly rustled around her.

"Eugh, I don't like this at all."

Ding.

Suddenly she felt something weird behind her. Precisely, someone was standing behind her. With a tip of a sword pointing at her.