5

The sound of the bell got clearer. Yoongseung carefully made his way up the cliff road, with his horse on his side. The wind breezes passed by him sending him chills to his bones.

Then he heard voices. Then the same bell rings he had been hearing for a few days ago.

The king gripped tight the horse bridle, as his other hand was on the handle of his sword.

He slowly walked at the curve of the road and there he saw a young woman unbraiding her hair before she continued to eat.

He hid by a tree right behind her and watched her every move as she ate.

Then his eyes widened in shock as he saw her pouch suddenly lit up as if glinting in a rosy pink aura.

Still oblivious to his presence, she then began to take a few sips of her water from her bamboo-made bottle and as she tilted her head up, the end tips of her hair touched the pouch.

Suddenly her hair began to turn pale, as if absorbing the pink aura.

Sorcery. She is the shaman, the king thought to himself, slowly making his way out of his hiding and carefully pulling out his sword.

She was still drinking as he pointed the sword right behind her head.

~

Inhyeon slowly turned her head around, and her eyes were stuck at the tip of the sword and then at the king.

Oh no.

"You're here to kill me," Yoongseung hissed.

She put up a finger to him and made another sip of her drink before standing up with both of her hands up in defense.

"Look. Your Majesty, I have no reason to kill you," she clarified.

"Yes, you do," he said through his gritted teeth. "My grandpa killed your family. I caught your uncle, who is now a criminal who escaped, and then a few days ago, I threatened you with my sword after that first letter," he paused, his grip on his sword tightened. "Then you sent out that one final letter to kill me here."

She shook her head, absolutely confused by his claims. "Wait a minute. What are you talking about?! What letters? I can't write, or read! I'm here by coincidence!"

"But you have magic! Black magic to kill me!" He then moved his sword down, pointing to her pouch. "There's something in your pouch that changed your hair color!"

Her forehead crinkled. She touched her hair, grabbed a lock of it, and pulled it to the front.

"Hair- MY HAIR," she gasped, eyes widened as she checked her hair that had truly changed color from black to pale rose pink.

She looked back at the king, taking a step forward to him. "What is happening to me?! Help!"

"Stay away from me! You witch!" the king snapped at him, still holding out his sword.

"I am not a witch! Whoever sent out those letters, is not me!"

"Then why are you here?!"

"I left your kingdom to start a new life!"

"Liar!"

"How can I prove to you that I'm not the witch that you're afraid of?!"

Yoongseung grimaced as he heard the word. "I'm not afraid," he sternly said, emphasizing the last word.

Inhyeon sighed as she rolled her eyes. "Yes, you are! It's obvious! Just look at us now!"

The king didn't want to admit it, but yes, the situation was obvious. The sword pointed at her while she was standing by a cliff.