9

"You're lucky that I have an extra towel in my car," Inhwa said, trying to break the awkward silence as she and the lost king walked side-by-side, exiting the forest. "And before you ask 'why', it's because I sometimes work on archaeological sites and when I need a quick shower, I need a towel."

As they reached the entrance, Inhyeon immediately took out her car keys and went straight to her car when suddenly she was asked;

"What is a car?"

She stopped and turned on her heels. "Oh, come on. You can't be that drunk."

But Yoongseung could only shake his head before his attention was caught by the night view of the city below him. He walked towards the gated cliff area, and let his eyes scan through the panoramic view.

"What is this place?" he whispered to himself before Inhwa suddenly stood beside him while waving her arms. He stared at her as she pointed her car at him.

"That's a car, my car. And you don't have this at your place?" she asked, trying to sound sarcastic.

"No. I have people who would carry my palanquin whenever I want to go somewhere," he bluntly said.

Inhwa laughed, throwing her hands in the air. "Palanquin, how cute. You know what, I'll take you home, and give you the hangover drink."

She then handed a towel to him. "Now, dry yourself with this, I'm going to put on some seat cover in my car because you're... wet."

As he patted himself dry with the towel, he watched as she walked back to her car and got to the front passenger side.

A familiar face, but something was off to him.

Yoongseung approached her while she patted the seat cover and asked, "What is your name again?"

"Inhwa," she simply replied, still working on the seat.

"Are you sure?"

She glanced at him over her shoulder. "I am Song Inhwa. You want to check my ID now?"

"But I made up that name. It can't really be yours."

"I'm not the only one with that name in this world, okay?"

"Not just anyone. I know you. I have been watching you since we were young."

Inhwa took a step back, now anxiety filled her. "Are you a stalker?" she asked.

"Ah, that's not what I meant."

Ding.

Both of them froze.

'There is someone out there who can help you.'

"Did you hear it too?" the king immediately asked her.

Inhwa was baffled by his sudden question. "What, that ringing sound? I've been hearing them since at my workplace, and it's creepy! Do you know anything about it?"

Yoongseung let out a sigh of relief and smiled at her. "I need your help then."

*****

"I'm trying to understand him, but I can't!"

"Could he be the reincarnation of the missing king?"

Inhwa let out a heavy sigh into her phone as she watched the passing cars outside her apartment's window.

"No such thing exists! It's impossible to be reborn as someone from the past!" she grunted, making her way back into her office and closing the door behind her.