6

"Huh. You really are a loyal horse," the king said as he saw his horse still waiting by the tree he was hiding earlier.

Oh, wait.

The king reached out to the horse satchel and pulled out a parchment paper, immediately wrote down the name of the village that was taking care of Inhyeon.

He grabbed the horse reins and walked back to the spot where Inhyeon was sitting. He looked out the end of the crooked cliff where she fell from earlier. He then looked out the dark forest, watching as the final rays of the sun disappeared slowly, switching shifts with the night for that day.

He turned around and firstly grabbed his sword, sliding it back into its sheath, before then grabbing the pouch on the ground. He looked into it, and the same rose quartz that Inhyeon had picked up earlier was glowing in it. He took it out and grabbed it in his palm.

With hopes that it would protect him.

I'm taking this with me. He then gathered her things in one spot and got back onto the horse, continuing his way up the hill, towards the lake where he knew that his fate awaited him.

*****

He slid down his horse as he arrived at the top of the hill.

It was a weird situation there.

Only the top was forested, the lake was nowhere to be seen. He could feel the air thinning, despite the hill being not too high. He glanced up at the moon, it was almost straight above the forest in its waning gibbous phase.

It's quiet here. I don't like this at all, he thought to himself and turned back to his loyal horse.

"Go back to the palace, look for my brother," he whispered to the horse, before giving it a few pats.

As trained, the horse galloped away almost immediately, leaving him there alone.

Yoongseung placed his hand on the handle of his sword, readying himself for whatever was prepared for him.

He walked through the trees, taking careful steps as the dried leaves and twigs crackled beneath his feet. As he went deeper, he noticed the moonlight rays began to pierce through the trees, as if lighting the way for him as a guidance.

Soon, he began to see the lake that most people talked about but never dared to find, right before his eyes. He stood by the bank of the lake and stared into the lake, noticing how clear the water was.

So clear that he could see the layers of minerals residing on the walls under the water.

Those are crystals. He touched his pocket, feeling the rose quartz in it as he stared at the ones in the lake.

The quartz was from here.

"Oh, I see that you're already here, Min Yoongseung."

Suddenly a female spoke. The grip on the handle of his sword tightened, as he looked around him, looking for the owner of the voice.

"I was just prepping the venue for us," the same female voice said, but this time he could pinpoint her location. He turned back to the lake and stared at a woman across the lake from him.

In her long robe, with streaks of red, blue, and yellow, she stepped out of the darkness in between the trees and presented herself to the king.

"After all, the full moon will be out soon," she said, pointing her finger at the moon above them.