47. Always Remind Yourself That Being Sensitive Isn't Cringy.

I have a huge problem.

I hadn't been able to take my eyes off Sapphire this entire night. And it confuses the fuck out of me because she didn't even dress fancy.

I can't believe I told her to wear a fancy dress and she wore a Rick and Morty t shirt and huge jeans.

A Rick and Morty T shirt!

It's like wearing a Kanye T shirt to a Taylor Swift concert.

Absolutely bonkers.

The whole night I had spent half the time trying not to laugh at Sapphire bickering with Pierre and sneaking glances at her for a reason I am yet to comprehend yet.

Maybe it was because I was surprised and genuinely confused about what she was wearing. She might've not worn a pretty red dress but she looked different.

Like she actually put effort into her dressing unlike whenever she showed up at Neon looking like she just survived the zombie apocalypse.

Twice.

But I guess it's kind of one of the things I like about her. How she doesn't give a shit about what anyone, including me, thinks about her dressing. How she-

Hold on, what the fuck?

Okay, so you may have thought you just heard me say I liked her but trust me, you're hallucinating.

You should probably go see a doctor.

We had left the restaurant after Neil came out of the bathroom, looking like he was trying to decide between doubling over with laughter and frantically begging Pierre to come back, so I obviously did the right thing and sent him in the opposite direction Pierre had gone.

Sapphire had suggested that we go to McDonald's to eat actual food right after threatening to hack me to pieces several times.

And that's how I'm here.

Trying desperately to focus on my burger and not stare into her eyes that had the same colour as an actual sapphire.

I admit that I always wondered to myself at random times if Sapphire's mom was a witch and had predicted that her daughter would have sapphire blue eyes.

Not like I think about her.

"I can hear your brain working overtime, y'know. Doesn't usually do much so it's concerning now." She said, throwing me one of her fries.

"Takes a dumbass to know a dumbass."

"If you agree to being a dumbass, I'm fine with that incredibly offensive sentence." She says, throwing me another one.

"How is it offensive to you but not to me?" I snicker, throwing her fry back at her and eating the other one.

"Cause you should be used to it at this point. Just like how I'm used to people telling me I'm insane and my intrusive thoughts are basically war crimes but we get used to it, don't we?"