38. Nothing Good Ever Comes Out Of Being An Edward.

What a weird day today had been

I had been working my usual shift at Neon like normal, then I walked home without talking to Sapphire for the first time in a while, then it rained for the first time in aeons, then I got beaten up by my deadbeat dad, and now Sapphire was bandaging my cuts.

Yikes.

Everything had gotten so crazy that I wouldn't even be surprised if I got a golden ticket and I was invited to Wilky Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

I would never like to admit this, but, Sapphire actually caring about me enough to clean my wounds and bandage them gave me a new feeling if guilt.

She still did that thing. That thing where you care for someone, even though they're technically not your friend.

At least I think she doesn't think of me as a friend.

Her hands were warm on my face, and I clenched my eyes shut so I wouldn't be caught staring.

But I was staring through my eyelids, though.

This was getting a bit too-intimate for me.

Not like we were doing anything, but the fact that I had yelled at her to stay away from me, and now her hands were all over my face, it just made me want to go in a corner and puke.

I felt like shit.

She puts one bandage under my nose, one under my left eye, which was slightly purple (thanks to the dad of the year), and two on either side of my cheeks.

Butt cheeks.

Then she took the last one, and put it right under my lip. Her thumb then grazed over my bottom lip, and I could feel my face turning into a fucking tomato.

I just shut my eyes tighter and pretended nothing was happening.

Then her finger stopped, and my eyes opened. She was staring right into my eyes, and I couldn't help but gaze back.

I didn't know if that was some kind of guilt trip she was doing, but if it was, it was working.

It was working very much.

My jaw was clenched, then she tilted her head just the tiniest bit, and that made me blush a bit more.

Why? No fucking idea.

It was probably some reaction from the saline wipes.

She then jolts her hand away, like she suddenly snapped back to her senses.

She told me to stay put again, then she left the room.

I let out a breath I'd been holding, and layed down on the weirdly shaped formula one bed. At least I was a bit more comfortable now.

My face was a mess.

I looked like I had gotten run over twice, then some good Samaritan helped me bandage the cuts with pink band aids.