21

Chapter #21

Chapter #21

Aerum watches him disappear into the crowd. "Let's go," Mark said, aerum was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice Mark was talking to her. "Aerum?"  Mark called her once again still getting no response. He eyed Miri as she grabbed Aerum's hand to get her out of the train of thought. " Aerum, let's go," Miri said, slightly pulling her along with her. Aerum Jolted out of her thoughts she didn't move " Wait here " Aerum let out. Whatever Jinhyuk had said to her the other day was now revolving around her head.

" We have a class dude," Mark said, ready to leave . "you guys know him don't you ?" She said, that either her mind was playing tricks with her or she was so into getting herself involved in this mess. "Who ?" Miri asked.  "Renjun, you guys know him, you guys .... Agh ...  why are you playing with me, Mark? You know what he has done to Jinwoo! He is your brother. What's wrong with you guys? Knowing him, but still playing silent. He was the one who was responsible for Jinwoo's condition, just because of him Jinwoo is in hospital, I can't believe you guys " she spat out letting out her anger on them. "Aerum, no, girl stop " Miri tries to step in to stop aerum from concluding, and blaming them for everything. "listen! aerum " Mark interrupted. Try to hold her hand but she yanked it off " Don't talk to me " she glared. "You're right we know him .." Miri began, receiving a side-eye from Mark, whose face visibly changed colors. Miri nodded when Aerum suddenly stopped.

" Yes, we know him but didn't know he was that Renjun " Miri said.

Mark and Miri exchanged a knowing glance, a silent acknowledgment passing between them. Aerum, still reeling from the confrontation with Renjun, watched them with a furrowed brow, her thoughts a tangled mess of confusion and frustration. "What do you mean?" she asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Miri hesitated, her gaze flickering between Aerum and Mark before she spoke. "Aerum, listen to us first," she began cautiously, her words measured.

Mark took a deep breath, his expression tense as he prepared himself. "Back in high school," Miri started, her voice weighed down by the gravity of the situation, "Remember there was a guy who had feelings for Me. He was Renjun."

Aerum's confusion deepened as she struggled to make sense of the revelation. She had heard snippets of gossip from their high school days, but she hadn't expected it to be connected to Renjun. "Wait, are you saying... Renjun was that guy, the Chinese guy?" she asked, her voice betraying her disbelief.

Miri nodded solemnly, her eyes filled with relief, "Yes," she confirmed softly. "I never imagined..."

" We didn't know it till Mark found out who that Renjun guy was after Jinwoo's incident, and turns out he is from our school, he hates Mark because he thinks he stole me from him ...." Miri finished, and didn't want to share anymore.

Aerum still fondly recalls the lively young boy from China who had to transfer to Korea because of his dad's job. The boy had once confessed his love for Miri, but unfortunately for him, Miri was already interested in Mark. Aerum was fully aware of the situation and had even helped her best friend to get together with her cousin.

Aerum's mind raced as she tried to process the information. Anger still bubbled within her, but it was overshadowed by the overwhelming sense of confusion and disbelief. "I... I don't know what to say," she murmured, her thoughts spinning.

Aerum's frustration began to dissipate slightly as Miri's words sunk in. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. "I'm sorry," she muttered, her anger softening into a mixture of disappointment and confusion.

"I just... I can't wrap my head around how someone we know could do something like that." Mark and Miri exchanged a somber glance, their expressions reflecting a shared sense of unease. "We don't either, Aerum," Mark admitted, his voice heavy with concern. "But we can't let it consume us. Right now we have to focus on Jinwoo."

Aerum nodded the weight of the situation pressing down on her shoulders. "You're right," she conceded, her resolve strengthening. " Now let's go to class, the bell has already ringed," Mark said, about to turn when Aerum suddenly stopped him once again, she wanted to tell him everything happening at the boxing club, from the conversation with Jinhyuk to the masked man shooting the guard and human trafficking to her hit by something hard. "Mark, let me clear something too" Aerum said, but Mark pulled up his hand in the air before dragging her and Miri along with him.

"Later we have class. We'll deal with this later."

_______________________________________

Get well soon my sunshine 💛🌻🌞
It literally broke me after knowing the news about you.
I want nothing but you to get better. I know how it feels to have anxiety disorder. It's literally the worst feeling I swear.

I pray for all your pain and suffering to come to an end. You come back strong and healthy, nothing else. We will wait and pray for you Renjun 🌞.

Why am I crying......

I love you baby🦊
Get well soon 💕