9.

☁︎☁︎ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 # 𝟗 ☁︎☁︎

Hands tightly gripping the woolen strip of her bag, one foot forward slowly but back up as the anxiety grew, aerum's breath hitched as her heartbeat roared in her ears, and she bit her lip while her eyes zoomed from each passerby to the next rapidly

The old rusty building in front of her was still the same, with the walls artfully faded, with peeling paint, scuff marks, and remnants of ancient wallpaper from the outside.

Did she make the right decision for coming alone?

Aerum shook the disturbing thoughts away. Without thinking twice her feet took her to the entrance where two big males were standing in all black talking on the earpieces.

It wasn't the same gate that she passed into a few days ago during Jinwoo's accident but the main entrance. The one was locked as it was not the time for the fighters to come in and challenge their opponent.

" Your ID, "  The guard asked, narrowing his brow and keeping his eyes on the girl. Aerum shrugged.

" I'm afraid, You can't enter, miss," one of them said, his tone deep and serious, as she attempted to enter. "Let me, I want to talk to your boss " she deadpan uttered. " No...We can't do that " the other said. Spreading their arm to make an "x" for blockage.

Aerum cursed under her breath. Thinking hard whilst constantly tapping her foot on the floor. Aerum let out a helpless groan when her brain did not give her an appropriate answer. " The hell jinwoo got the entry ". eyeing the men with a frown.

Just then she remembers the "anonymous card" she found in Jinwoo's bag. Her eyes widened, as she quickly turns her phone. Here it was, behind the cover of her phone.

Taking it out, she turned to them. There was no name on the card as it was for people with a contract of short-term or beginner clients.

" Here, this is my entry, now let me in," aerum said, displaying the card for them to see and let her in. The male took the card and studied it before giving aerum a look of suspicion.

" is that yours? " he asked.
" of course, who else? Do you see anyone else here?" she sneered. rolling her eyes purposely.
" Do you work for them? Or is it just for the battle ?" the other one asked. Eyeing the girl.

" for battle " she responded. The males closely look at the girl who is half their size, confidently answering and on top of it with attitude.

It was an awkward silence when both of them burst out laughing, bending down, holding their stomach, and slapping each other arms. Aerum scoffed.

" You fight here? Go away, kid. This isn't your place ". The anger reaches her nose which was shown by her white clenched fist and red eyes. She took a step forward whilst they kept making fun of her.

The male feels an arm on his bend shoulder, he looks up only for her to hit her head directly on his nose. His head whipped back and growled in pain, and a pool of blood came out of his nose.

Aerum stepped on his shoe, harshly twisting the sole on it. Guard cried out. Satisfied with her action aerum push herself back.

"let me in," she looked at them blandly, blinking with no emotion on her face.

"You -"
" what is going on here? " a harsh shout ceased the guard midway who was going to charge in aerum.

" Boss! She is a pain in a$$ -"
" I wanna talk to you !! ". Realizing he is the boss, she did not let them continue and speak to the male who just arrived in a car.

"Who are you ?" his hostile eyes set on the girl standing beside his two dogs. "I'll only tell you if you answer my questions ". The man swept his two fingers and the guards cleared her way.
____________________________