Chapter 17

The day before the engagement:

10th February, a day before the engagement. Both have been very nervous and stressed lately. Time was going too fast and they couldn't catch it. And after 24 hours, they'll officially be engaged and will be each others fiancè/fiancèe.

They weren't that busy though. The busyness will increase tomorrow, for Jennie. Cause she's gotta do alot of things tomorrow before the event starts. And since she is gonna be the bride, she'll be catching the most attention so its a must to prepare for that.

Before the day, all they did was prepare the venue, where the ceremony will be held. Other than that, they didn't have much works. But obviously the adults in the family were just so busy. They didn't have any lack of works at that time. All had to do was, work, work, work, and work.

Jennie changed the look of her room. She wanted it to be simple before she leaves it, forever. Even though it was always simple, she wanted to take off all the special details in it. Only keeping the things that are necessary. She wish she could live in this house, her own house, after being married. It doesn't matter whether she stays alone or with her husband but just here, in her own house, a familiar environment, a familiar atmosphere around. It saddened her more actually. What hurted was the fact that she will no longer be 'the girl' anymore. A lot of things will change once she gets married, once she is a married woman. And maybe it be just a few things, it will be all the things that change, including herself. All that Jennie wanted to do at that time was turn back the time. And control everything so nothing like this can happen. Even though she knows she could never, its never possible. But she wish it was. She wish she had that much power so that everyone could be devoted to her. So that no one could do something that will hurt her feelings. But she never wants to be that selfish though. It's alright.. if they think its the best for her then she will obviously agree, even if she doesn't want it and hurts too bad.

Taehyung was in the same situation. But he didn't think that deeply. He went selfish. He just hated them right now. Who the heck gave them this idea to get him married? Is it so important? Can't someone do something on their own? Is it so necessary to get married? A lot of questions were inside his head, and he never got the answer. Not even his sisters care about him anymore. His sisters are more thoughtful about Jennie now, more than him, the older brother, their own family. Yes, Jennie is also gonna be a part of this family now but its just.. he don't wanna be treated like this. He wanna be independent, do whatever he wants, love and like whoever he wants and marry them if he is willing to. He don't want someone to choose those for him. It's his life!

But looks like that's how everything is going to work for him, for them. Jennie is being caged. Taehyung is being trapped. Is that how they'll end up together? Trapped in a cage together like this? This is bad. So bad.

And there's nothing to do, so...

That day, Taehyung's house was empty. Just him, in his room, all alone. The others left to do their things at the event area. It is held in a corner and the place is quite catchy cause the environment there is also very beautiful. The reason they choose that area was basically because its one of the best event sites and special events are usually held there. The engagement hall has been decorated beautifully, and the rest of the other works will be done before the engagement begins the next day, in the evening..

Jennie was also alone at her house. Her sister was absent as well. She also joined the others there. Jennie have been feeling so lonely today. She will be leaving this house in a few days and before she could enjoy the lastday of being single with her loved ones, they all just left to do their own works, preparing the place, which seemed to be more important than her. Didn't they feel any sadness? Like.. she won't be just the daugher anymore, she'll become a daugher-in-law as well. Which means she is going to have two families and one of her own. Jennie thought she was still a little girl, her parent's little baby daughter. But it looks like she is already an full grown adult and a woman, she is now going to have her own life to take care of and she will also have children like her parents does. Which made Jennie even sadder.