Chapter 10

Seoul, South Korea
11th January.

A couple of days passed after Jennie returned back home. She enjoyed the days a lot, with her loved ones, after so many days.

It was a normal, typical day. Jennie, spending time with her parents and siblings, studying sometimes, taking online classes and nowadays she's also doing different courses there. She decided to complete her degrees through online and give exams whenever its happening. Nothing really bothered her much, cause she can do everything now through online and by staying at home.

It has been over ten days already since Jennie returned, but her mother didn't tell her why she called her here. She didn't tell her the exact reason yet and Jennie didn't ask either, she didn't ask anything yet cause she's waiting for her mother to bring the topic and tell her the reason.

But she couldn't take it anymore. She's losing her patience. Time is flying somehow very slow and she is impatient now.

So today, she decided to ask her mother. She knows she wouldn't get a proper answer at first but she would still try.

Jennie entered the large kitchen and watched her mother cook. She was preparing dinner for the family. Jennie reached out her hands and helped her mother, bringing ingredients for the meal and cooking them.

Jennie recently learned new recipes from her mother. Her mother told her that she should learn these, which will help in future. Jennie didn't really ask anything. She agreed and learned them since she knows learning these are really important and helps in different situations like when you have to live alone. But her mother, thought the other way. Something Jennie could never imagine.

"Mom.. I have a.. question." Jennie called out her mother. As she turned around and shifted her attention to Jennie.

"What is it, Jennie?" the mother replied, waiting for her to continue.

"I.. um.. mom, you didn't tell me why you called me here.. Like you told me to leave everything and come back. Why? It's been a few days already since I returned but you're still not telling me.." Jennie spoke with a bit hesitation. She watched her mother's reaction. Her mother looked nervous, worried and her face showed different emotions.

"U-uhm.. y-yeah... I-I.. Sweetie, I'll tell you about it later okay? After dinner. Uhm.. c-can you do this? Let me.. let me cook the rice first.." the mother nervously spoke and turned away, going a little far and doing other works.

Jennie was confused, creasing her brows. Why did she act like that? What was wrong? She looked really nervous and stuttered on every single word, and she looked like she was running out of words. Jennie knew that she was definitely hiding something. Oh well, she will see. If she answers her question after dinner or not.

"Okay then.." Jennie did the work she was told to do, shrugging it off, for now. But she will definitely protest when her mother ignores her question after this.

She will stay calm until the right time comes.

______

The dinner time finally came. As Jisoo and Jennie served the food, as usual. The father walked over to the dining area and took a sit. And the rest of them did the same.

"Credits to our daughter, Jennie!" the mother spoke and chuckled. Jennie just shook her head and smiled a little.

"What do you mean? Jennie cooked the food?" the father asked.

"Yeah! She cooked almost everything! I just cooked the rice. She did the most!" the mother said.

"Really?! Oh my gosh that's great! Wow, Jennie! That's so impressive. I cant believe my daughter learned so much about cooking. That's great!" the father exclaimed.