And now he is gone too - Twentyeight

I was playing with fire

 I was playing with fire. I knew it, but I didn't care. I knew Ollie was never going to be anything serious and I had no patience in teaching Kaden. Not when all I was craving for was a touch and a kiss. So what I do is slow things down with Kaden. He said nothing about it, but did not stay after work anymore to hang out. We chatted while he waited for the lift, he looked at me longingly but all I could give in was some hand holding. He accepted it all very graciously.

I spent evenings with Ollie. We hung out around the camping area, anywhere we could be in peace, by ourselves. Often it was the secondary public sauna building and dock, it was not a child safe dock so to speak. You couldn't walk to the lake from the beach but had to get into the water from the dock and the sauna was an old dark building. Very rarely used so we took it as our spot. The summer was too hot to ignore the cooling swim effect so we hung around in our swimwear most of the time.

There was a day when we had quite a rush, new campers arrived all day long and more teenagers appeared on the premises. Ollie got quiet during one family in particular as they came in to fetch their keys to the cabin from the kiosk. I was on my break so the owner was sorting them out and Ollie sat trying to hide behind me, but the family's teenage daughter saw him anyway.

"Ollie?" Her voice was pure gold and Ollie shrunk a little.

"Yeap." He simply said, stood up and walked out. I watched him go and looked at the girl. Her hay gold hair and her sky blue eyes.

"What'd you do?" I ask and she turns to me,

"I uh... I am his ex." She says and puckers her lips a little as she watches Ollie walk down the hill. Ollie did not appear at the dock after my shift, I waited for an hour. I had my pride and did not stay around waiting for someone who might not show up at all.

Her name was Annie. And suddenly she was everywhere.

Ollie did show up the next day and hung out with me at the kiosk, but put down any questions I tried to ask. He made sure Annie would see him holding my hand or having his arm around me. And of course Annie showed up one evening before Ollie and I knew it was trouble.

Not only did I have Thomas sitting at the nearby table because of the danger of Matt showing up but he seemed to not like Ollie too much.

"Are you two together?" She asked and I shook my head,

"We have not spoken about it."

"So you two can see other people?" Her question was very slick and I shrug my shoulders,

"I suppose so. I did for a while." She smiles sweetly at me and sits down, turns on the tv and Thomas looks at her curiously. An hour later Ollie shows up and walks straight to me, not checking on Annie.

"Hey." He leans over the counter and gives me a passionate kiss.

"I missed you." He says quietly and eyes me up and down. I bite my lower lip and smile,