3, 2, 1 - Twentyfour

Aron is swearing under his breath as he pulls me behind him back to the center which has quieted down a bit

Aron is swearing under his breath as he pulls me behind him back to the center which has quieted down a bit. Market was full of people but they were mostly sitting by the grill kiosk and it was not even midnight yet, but people had started to slow down the drinking. Disco music was hitting the back of my head from the Community Hall and cars slowly drove by as Aron kept pulling me.

"We're going to the harbor. There will be some fireworks soon." he says and I had to pull back at him. He stops and does not look back at me or say anything.

"What a fuck Aron? Why is everyone behaving so weird?" I remember how he is standing there still, in the middle of the parking lot of our local grocery store and then turns to me slowly.

"Matt is obsessed, do you not understand me?" He throws an angry look at me.

"He has been talking around. Saying how he'll be getting into your panties soon." His voice was full of disgust, hatred and everything in between.

"He has what?" I screech and he shrugs his shoulders at me.

"No one fucking knows why. Everyone I keep talking about knows shit. Do you not understand how scared I am for you all the bloody time?" I feel a shiver go down my spine.

"What can I do?"

"That is what me and my mates have been trying to figure out." I step next to him and he throws his hands in the air.

"Have I done something to him? So that he wants revenge?" He asks and then steps right up to me and I shake my head

"I do not know, honey." I feel vomit rising into my throat, so disgusted I am by this situation. Situation that neither of us knew why it was happening or how we ended up there in the first place. Everything had been nice and quiet up until tonight.

"I have been talking with everyone I know tonight. And no one knows anything? Too convenient!" He turns to me, "I knew Pia was going to ask you to go out and I knew she was not going to take care of you. So I had to call your mum and get over here. If something happened to you and I wasn't here... And then I get so overwhelmed by my old friends and leave you alone?" He shakes his head in disbelief,

"I am so sorry!" I take his hand and squeeze it while I am trying to think. Feverishly.

I was disgusted. I don't have words for what or how I felt exactly. It was such a mess of feelings that there's no way to point out one or two. I was not sure what to do.

Suddenly we hear a car revving by the road and Aron stands up. He takes my hand and he pulls me off the parking lot, behind the grocery store corner.

"Don't move. Stay hidden." He pushes me across the sidewalk and shoves me behind a tree following me.

"Don't move. Let them go by." The car passes us and Aron takes my hand,

"We need to make it to the harbor. Right away." We jump back on the sidewalk and rush forward as fast as we can.