They spoke, about me - Nineteen

The words are said into the silence of the night in November when I was 13 years old

The words are said into the silence of the night in November when I was 13 years old. I stared at the snow falling, I looked at the time 1:20 am and I sat up, turning around to face him. He slowly sat up and faced me, not saying another word just calmly answering my stare.

"You do?" I asked quietly and suddenly I felt how my throat was dry so I cleared my throat a little. I see him licking his lips before answering,

"I do." And then it hit me. I had a crush on Ollie. I don't know for sure what I felt for Jonah up to this day, but Aron? As a teenage girl you read stories about how love happens at first sight, but the truth is sometimes the love just grows in you. And that is exactly what had happened with Aron. We were not the same kind, we were growing in completely different types of families, our childhoods were opposite of each other. He was a wholesome person while I was a little broken. And so yes,

"I love you too." I whispered and he pulled me into his arms fiercely. I was crying from being overwhelmed by the feelings that kept hitting me one by one and he held me so tightly I could barely breathe.

"I knew it. I knew it as soon as I saw you step in and nearly took that punch for me. I knew you were nothing like anyone else as I saw you, but that..." He pressed his lips against mine and I tasted his tears on his mouth.

"I would not be able to dream of anyone else better. More perfect." He cries and I try to wipe his tears from his cheeks but more just roll down.

"It's alright." I whisper in repeat and soon it is I holding him and not the other way around until we fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up facing the window as the alarm rang. Aron grunted and swung his arm towards the alarm clock slamming his hand on my head. I squeak and push his hand out of my way as I reach for the clock and turn it off. I sit up slowly and stretch my arms.

"We have an hour to get ready." I say and yawn widely.

"Let's stay in." I hear Aron say and I see him pulling the blanket tighter around him.

"No. We gotta face them. Everyone." He mumbles something foolish but sits up and I adore his upper body. Such a beautiful build.

"My eyes are up here." He laughs and lifts my face towards his face from under my chin.

"Oh!" I pretend to be shook and he kisses me gently.

"Let's get breakfast." He says, pulls on the sweatpants from the day before and walks to the kitchen humming some song to himself.

Mum had a habit of dropping my sisters to my youngest sister's godmother who lived opposite from our school in the row houses. Her daughter started school at the same time as them so I did not need to take care of them in the mornings. I walk into my cupboard and try to find something to wear.