ACT II - 2.9

❝ THE STARS SLEEP IN THE

THE STARS SLEEP IN THE

CALM BLACK STREAM. ❞

The museum seemed to be closed, so nobody bothered them as they climbed the hill to the mine shaft

The museum seemed to be closed, so nobody bothered them as they climbed the hill to the mine shaft. When they got to the entrance, Lucena saw the mark of Daedalus engraved on the padlock. Rachel had seen something so tiny all the way from the highway when Lucena had seen nothing at all - it was impressive.

"Back inside we go," Lucena said.

"Yep," Percy nodded and touched the padlock, and the chains fell away.

They kicked down a few floorboards and walked inside. Yeah, back inside the Labyrinth they go.

The dirt tunnels turned to stone. They wound around and split off and just generally tried to confuse the fuck out of them, but Rachel had no trouble guiding them. They told her they needed to get back to New York, and she hardly even paused when the tunnels offered a choice.

To Lucena's surprise, while she walked slightly behind Rachel and Annabeth, hand in hand with Percy, the two girls in front of them struck up a conversation. That was good, as long as Annabeth didn't replace her as Number One Best Friend. That would suck.

Annabeth asked her more about her background, but Rachel didn't seem to be all that excited to answer, so they started talking about architecture instead. It turned out Rachel knew a little something about if from studying art.

"Nerds," Lucena mumbled, but she still had a tiny fond smile on her face.

"Says you," Percy said teasingly, "One question about music or constellations and you can ramble for days."

"So?" She sounded just a little defensive.

"Nothing," He shrugged. "It's cute."

Lucena cursed herself for blushing and held her head higher. "I know."

Percy snorted.

"Can you two stop flirting?" Nico asked from behind them. "At least do it somewhere else so I'm not forced to listen to it."