ACT II - 2.7

❝ STARS BURN OUT, MY DEAR,  AND

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

STARS BURN OUT, MY DEAR, AND

EVERYTHING GOLDEN DIES. ❞

The metal door was half hidden behind a laundry bin full of dirty hotel towels, and Lucena scrunched her nose at the smell of old sweat

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The metal door was half hidden behind a laundry bin full of dirty hotel towels, and Lucena scrunched her nose at the smell of old sweat. At first, she didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but then Rachel pointed where to look, and she saw the faint blue symbol etched in the metal.

"It hasn't been used in a long time," Annabeth said.

"I tried to open it once," Rachel said, "just out of curiosity. It's rusted shut."

"It's not," Lucena disagreed, and stepped forward, "It's just not meant for mortals."

As soon as she put her hand on the mark, it glowed blue. The metal door unsealed and creaked open, revealing a dark staircase leading down.

"Wow," Rachel looked way calmer than Lucena had thought any mortal would. It was a little impressive, to be honest.

Rachel had changed into a ratty Museum of Modern Art T-shirt, and the marker-colored jeans Lucena had seen last time they met, her blue plastic hairbrush sticking out of her pocket. Her red hair was tied back, but she still had flecks of gold in it, and traces of gold glitter on her face. Lucena thought Rachel The Mortal looked pretty cute.

"So... after you?"Rachel said.

"You're the guide," Annabeth said with mock politeness. "Lead on."

"Be nice," Lucena whispered and Annabeth hesitated, before she reluctantly nodded. Barely.

The stairs led down to a large brick tunnel. It was extremely dark, but Lucena was, thankfully, able to see the whole way down. The others had packed their flashlights and as soon as they switched them on, Rachel yelped.