44

January 4, 2024
Sages POV

Back at school, after almost three weeks.

For the last two weeks I was in New York with my family, meaning I hardly even saw Arias face at all over the break.

But, we're finally back... Meaning I get to see my favorite adorable human!

As I walk into choir, I see she's already at our desk, and I run in and give her the tightest hug possible.

When I say I missed her, I meant it! I haven't seen her face in almost two weeks.

She discretely kissed me behind my ear, since we're still not out to anyone.

"I've missed you," she says.

"I've missed you more," I reply.

"I don't think that's possible," she said, laughing.

We both sat down and waited for class to start. We have our spring concert in March, so we have about two months to learn this music. Which we're apparently going with a musical theme for this years concert.

"We might do a Hamilton song," said Nolan.

"Oh my gosh!" I said, being the big history nerd I am. "If we do I hope we do any song that includes Eliza Schuyler!"

"I'm not much of a history person," Aria said. "Although, I've seen the musical, and I want to do a song that includes Aaron Burr."

"Why?" Zane asks.

"Because he's a boss!"

"To be honest we may not do it..." Londyn says faintly from behind.

We all look at her, confused. Mainly about why she's speaking to us, but secondly, what does she mean?

"Why wouldn't we?" I asked.

"Well, think about it, we can't just do one song from that Musical since it's all a story of Alexander's history. We'd have to do the whole musical so that the audience gets the context."

Shockingly, she's right. As much as I hate to admit it, Londyn Mayfield is right. I wish she wasn't even speaking but dang it, she is.

"Well if we don't sing anything from Hamilton, what musical would we sing from?" Zane asks.

"Probably The Greatest Showman? We could do "Rewrite the stars," "A Million Dreams," maybe even "This is me?"

"Okay that would actually make more sense," Nolan said. "They wouldn't have to know the whole story of the musical, you know?"

"Yeah I can see that now," said Aria. "All those songs have a meaning no matter what the story is behind it."

Even Aria agrees with her?

I can't say much because I agree too, but it just bothers me...

Ms. Clarke walks in and we start class, and she tells us what we're going to be doing.

"So as you guys know our spring concert is two months away," she says. "The theme is obviously musicals. We're only doing songs from The Greatest Showman and Descendants, even though Descendants doesn't really count as a musical, but I count it."

"Are we doing Set It Off again?!" Aria asks.

"Yes, we are, meaning our first two soloists that night will be yours truly, Aria and Sage!"

Me and Aria instantly do our amazing handshake, because we're just so amazing! Honestly, the duet on stage was great between us.

"In total, we're doing Set It Off, Break This Down, A Million Dreams, This Is Me, and with the exception of Dear Evan Hansen, we're doing Waving Through a Window."