31

(Triggers: Bullying, death, SH)
December 3, 2023
Sage's POV

We're back at the hotel for lunch. I'm keeping a close eye on Aria, making sure she eats something before we go to the next museum.

Me, Aria, Nolan and Zane are all at one table.

She's just eyeing her plate. Me and her both got chicken fettuccine Alfredo, with water for a drink.

"Try to take at least a small bite," I said. "Even if it's just one small noodle, it counts. We're crawling before we walk."

"Okay then," she says, picking up her fork. She picked up two noodles and tried to bring it to her mouth, but almost gagged.

"Keep trying," I said.

"Aria, if it makes you feel better, pretend it's an airplane," Nolan says across from us.

Why didn't I think of that? She's an airplane and rocket ship nerd. Once again, I mean that in a good way.

She brings it up for her mouth and takes a small bite out of both the noodles.

"See? You're getting somewhere," I said. "Now try eating the whole noodle."

And she did. As I'm sitting next to her I'm very proud to see that she's at least trying.

"Imagine passing out in a public place," a voice says from behind me. "Aria needs to grow up. I'm pretty sure she passed out on purpose for attention."

At this point, there's no point trying to sugarcoat it. I'm pretty sure you guys can already guess it's Londyn. Sitting at a table with Naomi, Amber, and Skylar.

They're all friends? I didn't even know Londyn could make friends.

Me, Nolan and Zane look at her. Aria doesn't even move her eyes off her plate.

"You guys have staring issues," Londyn says.

"You have bitch issues," Zane says

"What ever are you taking about?" She asks.

"Don't play dumb, you clearly just mentioned something about Aria passing out in the museum," I said. "And she did not do anything for attention."

"Of course her guard is here. I'm just saying, it was embarrassing."

"What's embarrassing is your personality," Aria finally speaks. "It's everything about you actually. Do you think you look cool right now?"

"Who said anything about being cool? You're the one who passed out in the stupid museum to get sympathy from everyone."

"Londyn that's enough," Ms. Clarke said.

"Ms. Clarke, you're sticking with her?" Londyn asks.

"Well clearly no one's sticking with you," Nolan says.

"Guys, let's just ignore it. I'm not wasting my time in her," Aria says, taking another bite of her food.

"Dang, no wonder what everyone at your old school hates you," Londyn says.

"I could care less," Aria mumbles.

"What was that?"

"I said I could care less. I'll say it over and over until it gets through your small brain."

"Me? Small brain? You're the one who let someone apparently sexually assault you. I'm pretty sure you lied about that."

"Okay Londyn, shut up," I said. "That's too far."

At this point, everyone in the room, which is only everyone else who's on this trip, is hearing this whole conversation.

"That's why your dad died, Aria."

Just like that, Londyn gets the final word, rendering Aria speechless and breaking out in tears.

"Londyn!" Naomi shouts at her.

I can't even focus anymore on what else can go down in the next second, because I see Aria has gotten up and is heading back to our room.

I'm heading back up with her. Me and her both have keys to our room, as she'll most likely get in there before I can even get to this elevator.

As I walk out the lounge area, I just hear Londyn laughing. She's fucking evil.

...

As I unlock the door and step into our room, I can hear Aria crying in the bathroom.

I turn the corner and...

See what I think I was most scared of happening all this time.

She had ripped open the slap bracelet that I got her to get access to the metal peice inside, so she could slit her wrist...

She notices I'm in the room, stops crying, and can't help but look at me. A look of regret crosses her face...

"I'm sorry," she says.

"What did I say about saying that?"

She doesn't respond.

"Here, just sit on the toilet," I say.

I grab a washcloth, and I find the first aid kit that we have in our closet. I wet the cloth with warm water and just dab on the cuts. They aren't so deep, plus she only has five slits on her left wrist, so it's pretty easy to clean.

"I'm sorry, but this is going to hurt a bit," I say, getting the rubbing alcohol.

"I don't mind," she says, emotionless.

As I take a cotton ball and dab rubbing alcohol on her cuts, she doesn't even flinch.

I took two big bandages from the first aid kit and put them over the cuts. They fit perfectly.

"Come on," I say, reaching out for her hand.

She gives me her hand and I take her over to my bed, and just let her lay down with me.

"Wanna talk about it?" I ask.

"I don't know," she replies. "I don't know how to explain any of it."

"Let the words fall out. I'll put them together to the best of my ability."

"... It's just all too much. Everyone at my old school giving Londyn inside sources about my old life isn't helping. My dad dying. Just life in general. I didn't want to get to this point though, because I was already here once and I told myself I wouldn't come back to this. Yet here I am."

"And that's completely okay. No one can predict any of the situations that life gives us. What matters is how we handle them. You handled them as best as you could."

"I know."

"But, Aria, the next time you feel like you're getting to this point again, I want you to tell me. Maybe not just me, it can be anyone."

"I'm scared to."

"Why?"

"Because then it puts a burden on you."

"No it doesn't. The only way it affects me is knowing that you trusted me with the information you gave me, and I have the ability to change what the outcome could be."

Then it's dead silent. Not a single word was spoken again. Just me and Arias breathing.

Suddenly I feel her crawl into my chest, and her squeezing me as much as she can at the moment.

I hug her back so that she knows I'm here for her. I'll be here until the day I can't anymore.

"Can we just stay in here?" She asks, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. We don't have to do anything for the next hour."

"I'm fine with that."
...

Aria falls asleep in my arms in less than 10 minutes. I'm not moving a single muscle. I don't want to let go of her.

I'm going to let her have her sleep. She really needs it. She deserves it. I'm not getting up again until it's like 15 minutes until we have to be downstairs to go to the next museum.

I just don't know what I'm gonna do though. Londyns seriously not helping with the fact that I'm trying to keep Aria happy. We don't want or even need another moment like this...

Started in the Hallwaysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें