Unknown Powers (Smallpaw's POV)

"You're going to sleep in my den for a few nights, unfortunately.  But you will leave first thing tomorrow. I don't want a runt in my den." 

The words echoed through the empty room, creating an eerie silence that made me feel tense. 

Badgerleg walked away.

"Are you okay, Muckpelt?" I wondered aloud; my sightless eyes locked on my paws. "Who was that cat?"

I quieted as I heard voices out of the den.

"Maplepelt's kits should be apprenticed soon," I heard Bramblestar say. 

"Sounds fine," came Badgerleg's raspy reply. 

"How are they after the fever?"

"Stable enough, though one of the she-cats is prone to sickness, I think. I'll have my eye on her."

"Thanks. I'm going to get some rest."

I quickly laid down and closed my eyes as I heard Badgerleg enter the den.

I might as well get some rest too.

I wondered if I could ever make Bramblestar change his ways. I wish I could talk to him like a Starclan cat and tell him to stop.

I opened my eyes and found myself in the empty clearing of Oakclan. 

I took a deep breath and took the sight in. It was beautiful how the sun cast its rays.

But then Bramblestar appeared.

Wait... Bramblestar?

"Father?" he whispered. 

I was about to say I was just Smallpaw, but then I remembered: I am Pinestar, his father.

I didn't like to think about it very much.

"Yes," I said. 

"I- I've needed your guidance more than ever, Father!" Bramblestar cried out.

I looked at him. "Then I shall give you some."

Bramblestar's eyes brightened.

"Stop treating she-cats like you are currently treating them," I said sharply. "Starclan will always be at odds with you if you do."

"Starclan... at odds?" Bramblestar echoed.

"Yes," I agreed gravely. 

"I can't just change the way Oakclan has acted since its beginning!"

"You have Starclan's favor if you at least try," I said, somehow knowing it was true. 

He turned away. "I can't do it."

I looked down.

It didn't work.

I turned away, wishing I could speak to Muckpelt. She'd know what to do.

The scene suddenly shifted. 

I was in a lush green meadow adorned with lavender. And Muckpelt was there.

I was dumbfounded.

"Uh, hello," she mewed in surprise. "How'd you get here?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I kind of just wished I could talk to you, and I just whooshed here. The same happened with Bramblestar."