Peaceful Sleep

AN: Don't read if you're scared of mothers protecting their kits (cuz of how fierce they are) and abrupt information (sorry abt that)!

"Please! Stop this!"

"We agreed that I'd stop torturing Muckpelt, little one. We never agreed on you. You should know there are consequences for your actions."

Pebblepaw shrieked in agony as she was brutalized, falling to the ground as another wave of pain washed over her.

The tom watched as it unfolded, an evil grin on his face.

"I told you to tell Owlstar to fight Oaklclan."

"Please, it won't happen again!" Pebblepaw yowled.

"You are right, it won't" the tom agreed laying down next to her and meeting her eyes as another uncontrollable spasm jolted her.

She finally stopped screaming and fell to the ground with a gasp, too tired to even move.

"Have you learned your lesson?" the tortoiseshell asked with a sly face.

"Y-yes," Pebblepaw coughed. 

The tom suddenly looked up; his ears pricked. He got up and padded forward, his paws not making a sound.

To Pebblepaw's horror, she saw Muckpelt speaking hurriedly with... Smallpaw from Oakclan!

"Well, well, well..." he mused. He locked eyes with Muckpelt. "I can't have you spilling my secrets, can I?"

He bunched up his hind legs and leaped onto Muckpelt, claws unsheathed.

Smallpaw disappeared.

"Please, he just appeared, I didn't tell him anything-"

"Don't you know I can smell lies from a territory away?" he growled. "Tell me what you told him!"

"No!" Muckpelt yowled.

Everyone froze.

"No?" the tom snarled.

"Yeah, I said no!" Muckpelt agreed. "And I've got backup."

The place started to darken with thick fog. The mist enveloped their paws and soon was up to their scruffs.

And a small, gray she-cat with swirl patterns on her coat stepped up.

After a tense moment, the tom burst out laughing. 

"I'm terrified! That apprentice is going to kill me! Oh no!"

The small she-cat met his eyes unwaveringly. 

Muckpelt was unfazed. "Let me tell you a story."

The mist tightened around the tom's paws, making him not being able to move. 

"What is this sorcery? Let me go at once!"

"I'll pass," Muckpelt said casually. "Now let me tell you a story."

Pebblepaw looked at her quizzically. 

"Once upon a time, there lived a cat named Pinestar. He was a terrible leader of Oakclan just like them all. 

But what most cats forget about is his mother. A beautiful she cat named Midnighteyes.

Midnighteyes was bright and bubby, and unusually kind to the other she-cats. She wasn't arrogant or prideful; she thought all she-cats should be treated the same.